Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,374 times)

Prez

Prez

Still in progress...

ROTS this weekend and then the OT. Might get onto Solo and Rogue One.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm a fan of ROTS, warts and all

Huggs

Huggs

Spectre (3.5/5)

The older Craig gets, the more he turns into Putin.

I can't unsee it anymore.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 14, 2021, 03:09:34 PM
Spectre (3.5/5)

The older Craig gets, the more he turns into Putin.

I can't unsee it anymore.

:laugh:

Putin. Vlad Putin

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 14, 2021, 12:36:03 PM
I'm a fan of ROTS, warts and all

Its actually one of the best Prequels. To fully enjoy you have to embrace that its space opera.

Kradan

Kradan

As of now, it goes like this for me: TPM >ROTS>AOTC

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Watched AVPR Extended Edition.

Wolf is bad*ss and I love the return of Xenomorph shrieks when wounded from Aliens.

Kradan

Kradan

Yeah, shrieks are great to hear

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 14, 2021, 06:26:22 PM

Mine is AOTC> ROTS > TPM.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Fear Street Part 2: 1978

I definitely liked this one more than 1994. The soundtrack was better, too. :laugh:

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 14, 2021, 06:36:33 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jul 14, 2021, 06:26:22 PM

Mine is AOTC> ROTS > TPM.

ROTS > TPM > AOTC for me.

Sith I think is a very good movie aside from one or two awkward scenes, Menace is mainly forgettable to me apart from the standout moments everyone mentions, and roughly half of Clones is just unwatchable.

Kradan

Kradan

Such contrast of opinions !  :D

AOTC is still the weakest one even if its  grown somewhat on me. I can even get a kick out of love angle as long as I choose to judge it by simple fairy tale's rules. My biggest problem with it is that the movie feels too much like a filler episode rather than a story on its own. There's no really memorable scenes or set pieces for me here, whole clones' subplot is confusing, Dooku's character grossly underdeveloped. AOTC is pretty much there only to fill the gap between Episodes 1 & 3 and mostly forgettable. I can still watch just as 90s sci-fi movie, nothing more

I can dig ROTS dark, depressing tone, opening space battle sequence, Anakin's rapid fall to the dark side and emotional final duel between him and Obi-Wan. Plus, it has lots of Palpatine in it. For awhile it was my favourite of the prequeks

But the more I think about it the more I lean towards TPM. As I've said it feels the most like stand-alone story with beginning, middle and ending. I enjoy it's slower almost laid-back pace, , generally calm tone, nothing seems rushed to me. I really like Qui-Gon, Idk, he's just a good noble Jedi I can root for. I guess Neeson's performance elevates Lucas' writing quite a bit. It's just a space fairy tale with sci-fi flavour tp it I can go back to occasionally without watching other two

I think CdL said it best when comparing  TPM/AOTC to Prometheus/Covenant: with all its problems The Phantom Menace is pure George Lucas with all of his weird ideas and questionable lore changes. I can certainly appreciate that

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Pretty please go to the Star Wars topic because last time this lasted pages and pages.
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=163.0

;D

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 14, 2021, 07:36:51 PM
Such contrast of opinions !  :D

AOTC is still the weakest one even if its  grown somewhat on me. I can even get a kick out of love angle as long as I choose to judge it by simple fairy tale's rules. My biggest problem with it is that the movie feels too much like a filler episode rather than a story on its own. There's no really memorable scenes or set pieces for me here, whole clones' subplot is confusing, Dooku's character grossly underdeveloped. AOTC is pretty much there only to fill the gap between Episodes 1 & 3 and mostly forgettable. I can still watch just as 90s sci-fi movie, nothing more

I can dig ROTS dark, depressing tone, opening space battle sequence, Anakin's rapid fall to the dark side and emotional final duel between him and Obi-Wan. Plus, it has lots of Palpatine in it. For awhile it was my favourite of the prequeks

But the more I think about it the more I lean towards TPM. As I've said it feels the most like stand-alone story with beginning, middle and ending. I enjoy it's slower almost laid-back pace, , generally calm tone, nothing seems rushed to me. I really like Qui-Gon, Idk, he's just a good noble Jedi I can root for. I guess Neeson's performance elevates Lucas' writing quite a bit. It's just a space fairy tale with sci-fi flavour tp it I can go back to occasionally without watching other two

I think CdL said it best when comparing  TPM/AOTC to Prometheus/Covenant: with all its problems The Phantom Menace is pure George Lucas with all of his weird ideas and questionable lore changes. I can certainly appreciate that

AOTC gave us so much, many Jesi fighting at once, Jango Fett, Clones, Coruscant upper levels to City Streets, Jar-Kai (duo-wielding lightsabers), and more.

The Romance actually is eye opening. Its Vader courting Padme not Anakin, you can see the possessive Sith nature in his eyes. Padme says in ROTS, "you've change!" No sweetie, you fell in love with Vader as much as Anakin, its just now Anakin is more dorment.   

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Fast & Furious 6

Not as good as five, but a strong action movie all the same. I could have done without the ten minute tangent with the shitty villain from 4, though. The Sheriff from AVPR still isn't intimidating or cool. :laugh:

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

A Quiet Place Part I.

Parts I and II are on loop. Lol XD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed