Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,899 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Mid90s (2018)
Second viewing. Think I appreciated it more this time.

Layer Cake (2004)
Perhaps the best Daniel Craig movie.
Also noticed some similarities with Rocknrolla. A crew, a missing child, Eastern European/Russian gangsters, a boss that's also an informant,...

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 26, 2021, 10:40:49 AM
f**king love that one. One of the few action movies from this side of the millennium that feels legitimately oldschool. Disappointed it never got the mooted sequel.

The bit where he punches through a man's face :laugh:

Nicely put.

Wish Ray Stevenson got better parts. Man's underrated.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition

There's some very good stuff here overall, even with some major flaws, but the Lex Luthor manipulation plot is dumb and overly complicated. That and Eisenberg's performance feels like he thinks he's in a different movie from everybody else.

Kradan

Kradan

I get that he's very questionable Lex Luthor but the man seems to enjoy playing the role so much that I can't help but enjoy it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Wonder Woman 84
This was enjoyable, but just got overblown as it went on. Really needed some streamlining

Hellraiser: Hellworld
A load of us just tore into this on Twitch

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 26, 2021, 10:40:49 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 26, 2021, 06:41:00 AMPunisher: War Zone (2008)
Best Punisher adaptation imo.

f**king love that one. One of the few action movies from this side of the millennium that feels legitimately oldschool. Disappointed it never got the mooted sequel.

The bit where he punches through a man's face :laugh:

"I waaant my aaapplesauce baack"

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Lethal Weapon 3 (1992)
Been such a while that I almost forgot how good it is.
Pesci in probably his best role aside from Goodfellas, the excellent chemistry between Gibson and Glover, the dog biscuits, the short black woman who's after Murtaugh, the bit with the dog, Rene Russo as convincible cool and badass woman,...
Minor complaints are the bad guys, the could've been casted better.

"Word, Riggs."
"Word, Rog."

SM

SM

Skylin3s - Yeah, nah.

Spoiler
The stuff on the baddie planet looked too much like an old sci-fi TV show set.  Just generally lack lustre.  And the credit sequence was incredibly jarring.  Trent was pretty cool though.
[close]

immortalundead

immortalundead

Currently in the process of watching it because its over 4 hours long, but In Search of Darkness part 2.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

You Can Not Kill David Arquette

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Death of Dick Long (2019)
A24 crime/drama/comedy.
Not bad, kinda weird but intriguing enough to keep watching. Could've done with a slightly shorter running time.

Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)
Probably my favorite after the original.
The opening scene, Murtaugh thinking Chris Rock is gay form him, the talk about cellphones between Chris Rock and Joe Pesci, the questioning of Uncle Benny at the dentist,...

They should bring the gang back together for a new but different movie, not another Lethal Weapon. Tt could be great.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 28, 2021, 05:58:24 AMLethal Weapon 3 (1992)
Been such a while that I almost forgot how good it is.
Pesci in probably his best role aside from Goodfellas, the excellent chemistry between Gibson and Glover, the dog biscuits, the short black woman who's after Murtaugh, the bit with the dog, Rene Russo as convincible cool and badass woman,...
Minor complaints are the bad guys, the could've been casted better.

Probably the weakest of the four, but still a far better action comedy than 90% of the others out there. The opening with the bomb in the building might be the funniest scene in the series. "Rog..." "Yeah?" "GRAB THE CAT!"

No matter how routine those movies got, Gibson and Glover's very obvious, very real chemistry always elevated them above their peers.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 29, 2021, 04:35:47 AMThey should bring the gang back together for a new but different movie, not another Lethal Weapon. Tt could be great.

Have you ever seen the movie Maverick? Stars Mel Gibson, directed by Richard Donner, and Danny Glover has a cameo as a bank robber in which he and Gibson recognise each other and you a little bit of the Lethal Weapon music in the background.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Don't forget this one...

My Lethal Weapon rank, best to least.

1. Lethal Weapon 2
2. Lethal Weapon
3. Lethal Weapon 3
4. Lethal Weapon 4

Prez

Prez

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 29, 2021, 11:42:32 AMDon't forget this one...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91IxCm3QUoL._RI_.jpg

The only bit I can ever remember from that is when the helicopters destroy John McClane's trailer by mistake, which was admittedly really damn funny.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 29, 2021, 11:42:32 AMMy Lethal Weapon rank, best to least.

1. Lethal Weapon 2
2. Lethal Weapon
3. Lethal Weapon 3
4. Lethal Weapon 4

The original is definitely the "best", but like you 2 is my "favourite". My mates and I used to endlessly quote the Afrikaner baddies at sixth form. "Of caaws she deedn't die strait awaye... Took a beet of tiyme."

I might rate 4 above 3 though, just for Jet Li's amazing performance. "In Hong Kong... you would be dead." One of the better cases of an Asian martial artist being shoe-horned into an American movie imo. He does some mad shit in it. I think I'm right in saying that was the one when they had to keep asking him to slow down in the fight scenes because his moves were too fast for the camera to catch.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, I rank them 2, 1, 4, 3. The third is just a mess, IMO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed