Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,052 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Brave.

underrated Disney Pixar film

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Die Hard 2. It has its moments but its a very dated 90s action when viewed today. Of course it isnt the first time Ive seen it, I won the whole series but I do rewatch the first 3 once in few years

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Bill & Ted Face the Music

I liked it and thought it was a good conclusion to the series. The robot was probably the best!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Princess Bride
A Stone Cold Classic, instantly quotable and just perfect

Appointment with Death
I remember watching the Peter Ustinov Poirot films when i was younger, but totally didnt remember that they were made by
Cannon Films lol. It caused a brief discussion between my brother and I about how it should have been Chuck Norris as Poirot,
Roundhouse kicking suspects, until they confessed lmao

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 27, 2020, 07:01:24 PM
Die Hard 2. It has its moments but its a very dated 90s action when viewed today. Of course it isnt the first time Ive seen it, I won the whole series but I do rewatch the first 3 once in few years

I have a real soft spot for Die Hard 2.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah. I lump it in with the likes of Jaws 2 and Predator 2 as sequels that get way more hate than they deserve.

SiL

SiL

Jaws 2's problem isn't that it's bad, it's that it's thoroughly ok. It's not great enough to love like the original or awful enough to hate like the latter sequels. It's the unseasoned white bread of the franchise.

But it does have one of the absolute coolest deaths in the series.

SM

SM

When it ate the helicopter?

SiL

SiL

I was thinking when it just engulfed one of the teens helping the kids back onto an upturned boat, but you're right, that was rad.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Burning

Really solid slasher movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Justice League
Not as bad as i remembered but it still does move too quick and the cgi to cover the moustache is still awful

Murder She Said (1961)
The first of the four MGM Marple films. The humour isnt over the top here like in later ones and it works better

Murder on the Orient Express (1974)
Albert Finney's Poirot is too angry for my tastes. But what a cast

Death on the Nile (1978)
Ustinov's Poirot is great here and more human than his Cannon version

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wait... Cannon made Poirot films? :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 29, 2020, 12:53:49 PM
Wait... Cannon made Poirot films? :laugh:

I know right. Its a mad world we live in lol

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 29, 2020, 11:31:43 AM
Murder on the Orient Express (1974)
Albert Finney's Poirot is too angry for my tastes. But what a cast.

He's pretty funny for a lot of it. He's still getting a kick out of investigating everyone. His anger (when it comes out) always felt justified to me.

Kradan

Kradan

Wonder Woman 1984

Pedro Pascal was the best part of the movie for me.

Kristen Wiig's character, on the other hand, felt underdeveloped and a bit cliched for me

Spoiler
Not sure how to feel about climax of the movie, While it was definetly heroic and heart-warming, it really took some suspension of disbelief. I mean, really ? Every single person on planet Earth gonna cancel their wish ? Every single one of them ? Are you sure about that ?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed