Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,699 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: aliens13 on Jul 21, 2020, 05:01:49 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 21, 2020, 04:54:45 AM
It's a really solid movie, it just drags a bit during the Tim Robbins scenes and the ending gets a bit bullshit

Spoiler
with the son somehow surviving. I don't care if he is White Goku, that's just hard to swallow.
[close]
I should watch it again, it has been several years since I saw it for last time. Back in the day's I don't remember have any problem with the ending but I don't know now, maybe yes I can found it a little cheesy

Yer that ending is all Spielberg for sure. I remember my guitar teacher taking me to the cinema to see it (as we both had a big shared love for horror films). He kept laughing at my constant `Holy shit' comments throughout the film.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Watched Will Ferrell's Eurovision and what a fun flick. I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the tunes in this movie. I don't think it quite tops Stepbrothers but it's probably my second favorite movie with him.

aliens13

aliens13

I'm watching In The Mouth of Madness right now on TV. I really love this movie.

Kradan

Kradan

The Force Awakens

If I can describe the movie in one word it will be this: exciting. It was very exciting movie and felt very much like homage to the original trilogy. I guess it's pure subjective matter whether you like such approach.Personally, I enjoyed it a lot. New characters were solid and I enjoyed the journey with them. And it was cool to see some of the classic ones

Spoiler
Solo's death was spoiled for me back in 2015 (I guess it was unavoidable) but I still enjoyed watching how it would play out.  I like the idea of Kylo Ren being son of him and Leia.  And I liked that they tried not to make him complete Vader rip-off but rather someone who was inspired by Vader and struggled to come close to his greatness. Especially, how they didn't really made that much of a deal with him taking off his mask. Also love sound effects of his lightsaber

What I really applaud movie for is that it gave me better sense of horror of war than the whole original trilogy.

Also, gotta love this:

"-- Where did you get this ?

-- Good question. For another time"

Yeah, I'm sure it would be explained in the sequels
[close]

The Last Jedi

Spoiler
" -- OH! I feel something.

-- You feel it ?

-- Yes, I feel it.

-- That's The Force!

-- Really ?

-- Wow! It must be really strong with you!

-- Oh, I never thought ... OUCH ! "

" -- Where're you from?

-- Nowhere

-- No one's from nowhere

-- Jakku

-- All right, that is pretty much nowhere "
[close]

Rey and Luke dynamic is the best part of the movie, hands down. I would prefer if it would be given more time to develop and breathe. That said i didn't find other characters and their subplots to be too distracting or boring even despite the lack of fleshing out. Also, I find that jokes in that movie landed with me better than in TFA.

Spoiler
I enjoyed the idea that some people would be interested in war to go on and on and that they wouldn't care who they're selling their weapons to.

I really, REALLY dug Luke Skywalker in this movie (even if Mark Hamill himself didn't). The fact that he's pretty much solely responsible for Kylo Ren (and Leia losing her son) and chose exile and death, that he refuses to train Rey because he's scared to make the same mistakes is pretty bold and fascinating choice for the main protagonist of original  trilogy, IMO. The scene with Yoda was really sweet and I liked the puppet. And I loved the ending they've chosen for his character - I though it was badass and pretty fitting.

The whole sequence in Snoke's trone room was great too. Especially, visuals (gotta love red). When Kylo offered Rey to join him I really felt how alone he is.

Based on what I've heard about TRoS the whole thing about "you're nobody" doesn't really make much sense now, does it?
[close]

I know that movie has its problems but out of two I'd rather revisit this one than TFA. The Last Jedi tried to say something new even if it wasn't completely succesful in doing so

EDIT: Also, I freaking love Imperial March. And both TFA and TLJ refuse to give me it, dammit !  :-\

SM

SM

Spoiler
Ren was just negging Rey with the "You're nobody" thing. 
[close]

Duck, You Sucker - Started as kind of a goofy spaghetti western, then gets quite dark with a string of Mexican revolution massacres.  Not a patch on the Dollars stuff, but ultimately worth a look.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Jul 22, 2020, 08:55:19 AM
Spoiler
Ren was just negging Rey with the "You're nobody" thing. 
[close]

I know

Spoiler
I still think there was some genuine emotion. I mean, he killed his own father. from his POV his master tried to kill him, Hux just hates his guts, Snoke manipulates him. Sure, he feels a bit of loneliness. Just the way he says "Please", almost crying makes me think that he doesn't tricking her
[close]

SM

SM

Spoiler
Oh there was definitely emotion there.  And I think he thinks he's genuinely paying her a compliment.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Waiting for Kradan's review of Rise of Skywalker

Kradan

Kradan

Wait, did I ... set expectations ? I'm not sure I can handle this

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Beauty and the Beast 2017 live action movie - loved it.  I wasn't sold on the idea TBH, so I didn't see it upon release.  I should have, outstanding cast and they did a great job filling in some plot holes from the 1991 film.

Spoiler
Like, how did no one in town notice a giant castle in the woods lol
[close]

Stingray

Stingray

Fatal Instinct (1993)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Watched a movie called Baskin on Hulu...wtf did I just watch!? This movie is probably one of the weirdest I've seen and goes completely ballistic in regards to shock and horror towards the end...

Huggs

Huggs

The Patriot

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Oscar (1991)

"What has love got to do with the cost of beer?"

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 24, 2020, 04:45:34 AM
Oscar (1991)

"What has love got to do with the cost of beer?"

"You've got a dangling participle"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed