Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,227 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's not a bad shout actually.

Not sure it quite pips First Blood for me but its definitely up there.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It might be top 5 for me. Strong competition from Rocky 1, First Blood, and Demolition Man, though

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hmm... not much of a Demolition Man guy myself. I'm more a Cliffhanger guy.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wild Wild West

"Never drum on a white lady's boobies at a big redneck dance, got it."

Huggs

Huggs

The Core

13 Hours

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

The Wolfman (2010)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The Fly (1986) - I forgot how fun this was! And the practical fx work, especially the gore was oh so good!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The ABCs of Death

There are some good segments here, but more than a few really, really bad ones. Ti West's segment was particularly tasteless and lazy, and I swear, they must have found the three most f**ked in the head Japanese directors to contribute to this, because those segments were just plain nuts.

Huggs

Huggs

Old Boy

"I swear fo' God...and 8 muthaf***in' white people, ALRIGHT!?"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
While its deemed to closest adaptation so far. I would love to read Darabont's original script for the subtly he talks about.
Do love the German expressionism and the old style 30's Universal Horror of some of the sets

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The House of Fear

Another good outing for Sherlock Holmes. There are a couple of iffy points, but otherwise a solid film.

The Woman in Green

Not that great, sadly, but it does have yet another good Moriarty on hand. Shame it pretty much lays everything out for the audience before Holmes even begins to gather clues. And the scene where the title character offers Holmes some cannabis is goddamn hilarious.

Justice League Dark

DC's animated stuff has been very hit or miss as of late, but this one was pretty good. And it was cool seeing the shit demon from Dogma getting some more work.

Huggs

Huggs

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

12 Angry Men

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pursuit to Algiers

Not bad, just not that great, without much mystery to be had. It is cool to see Watson take a bit more of the center stage this time, though, and the very final twist is pretty good.

Terror by Night

A pretty solid mystery, with a cool setting on board a train. It does go a bit overboard with the stock footage and model shots of the train, though.

Dressed to Kill

Another "eh" entry in the Rathbone/Bruce Sherlock Holmes series, and unfortunately the one they went out on. Not that there aren't some decent bits, but it doesn't really amount to much.

Huggs

Huggs

Faster

"Bald-Headed Precious!"

Enemy At The Gates

"I want them to act like they have BALLS!!!"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 16, 2020, 12:06:39 AMEnemy At The Gates

"I want them to act like they have BALLS!!!"

Always loved how no one even attempts a Russian accent in that, except Bob Hoskins, who was the least capable of doing an accent other than his own Cockney.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed