Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,162 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Accident man, despite some of the cast being known for straight to dvd movies, this was fairly entertaining.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 10, 2020, 12:48:20 PM
Accident man, despite some of the cast being known for straight to dvd movies, this was fairly entertaining.

Scott Adkins is great

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

First Blood

As with Rocky, the first is unequivocally the best of this series (although it's not quite my favourite). Stallone's breakdown at the end may lose a little of its potency when you're watching again and you know it's coming, but it's still surprisingly powerful. Love Richard Crenna in this one too.

"If you're sending that many men don't forget one thing..."
"What?"
"A good supply of body bags."

Win.

Rambo: First Blood Part II

While this one is arguably the most iconic of the series, it happens to be my least favourite (not counting the fifth, which I've yet to see). It's far too silly to be as engrossing as the first, but it's not silly enough to be as entertaining as the third. It has its moments (Rambo literally becoming a wall of mud and jumping out at some guy is never not hilarious) but it feels like it does a really bad job of balancing the brainless action with its darker moments.

Rambo III (Love the flagrant disregard for consistency with the title of this franchise...)

My favourite of the bunch. Absolute f*cking madness. Rambo shoots down a helicopter with a bow and arrow and wins a game of chicken with a second while driving a tank. Also this happens:

*Rambo and Trautman confronted by entire Russian army*
"What do we do?"
"Surrounding them's out."

They then attack and survive.

Lastly, without wanting to get into any political arguments, it'd be remiss of me not to mention the extra level of unintentional hilarity that comes from this film's portrayal of the Mujahideen, compared to how they're viewed by America now.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 10, 2020, 03:06:16 PM
Rambo III (Love the flagrant disregard for consistency with the title of this franchise...)

My favourite of the bunch. Absolute f*cking madness. Rambo shoots down a helicopter with a bow and arrow and wins a game of chicken with a second while driving a tank. Also this happens:

*Rambo and Trautman confronted by entire Russian army*
"What do we do?"
"Surrounding them's out."

They then attack and survive.

Lastly, without wanting to get into any political arguments, it'd be remiss of me not to mention the extra level of unintentional hilarity that comes from this film's portrayal of the Mujahideen, compared to how they're viewed by America now.

It also has a seen where Ramo drops a guy down a hole, hangs him, and blows him up all at once. ;D

Revenge of the Creature

This is an okay-ish sequel, with some good bits and some decent entertainment value. It falls short of the first, though, and the suit is badly hurt by the stupid googly eyes they added to it. It's also very obviously just King Kong with a fish man.

The Creature Walks Among Us

This mostly a tedious, poorly paced movie, with too much focus on characters who are either boring or aggressively unlikable. And while the Creature's unwilling transformation into a landlocked being is interesting, it's not utilized very well, and the new makeup is awful. I will give the movie credit for the ending, though, which is thoroughly bleak, leaving the Creature alone, miserable, and about to effectively commit suicide. It's pretty daring, and a well done example of a non-ending in some ways. It's just a shame that the rest of the movie is so lackluster.

The Phantom of the Opera (1943)

This is a little too focused on being not quite a musical, and there isn't quite enough horror or thrills, even by forties standard, but it's very well made with a strong performance by Claude Rains as the Phantom. And the ending where Christine dumps both of her rival love interests in favor of her adoring public is a nice touch.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Commuter
An okay Liam Neeson led actioner. From what i gather this was his last Action flick. Didnt realise half
the sodding cast is British lol

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The Running Man. 
As an Arnie fan, I consider this an enjoyable movie that shows how morally bankrupt the world has become in the future. Interestingly some thing in it have become a reality, such as manipulated media and reality shows with people degrading themselves for money.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 11, 2020, 03:39:40 AMIt also has a seen where Ramo drops a guy down a hole, hangs him, and blows him up all at once. ;D

Lol yeah. To quote Snatch, he got proper f*cked.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 11, 2020, 12:18:10 PMThe Running Man. 
As an Arnie fan, I consider this an enjoyable movie that shows how morally bankrupt the world has become in the future. Interestingly some thing in it have become a reality, such as manipulated media and reality shows with people degrading themselves for money.

It's such a shame reality TV has gone more Keeping Up with the Kardashians than Running Man.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Man from Nowhere

Crazy good Korean crime/action movie.

Kubo and the Two Strings

Excellent piece of work. I can't think of a thing wrong with it, apart from maybe the needless bit with Takei going "oh my" for no reason, but that's beyond minor.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Untouchables
This is a film where i feel if you replace any actor with someone else it wouldnt work as well. Everyone is on form and
what a story brilliantly told.

Beyond the Gates
Loved this 80's Homage. A great film and worth the wait

Daybreakers
While enjoyable, there's so many plotlines going on that they all feel underused

Jojo Rabbit
This was just fantastic. Nicely balanced with the Comedy and Drama. I also had no idea it was based on a book

The Last Boy Scout
An enjoyable film. Would have loved to have seen the full NC-17 version

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 13, 2020, 11:55:17 AM
The Last Boy Scout

I seem to have dropped my cigarette. May I have another?

Spoiler
You touch me again I'll kill ya.

8)
[close]

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Parasite (2019)
Good and well made Korean drama/thriller.
I don't get the hype though. It's quality but it's a blend of stuff I've seen before.

The Sonata (2018)
Quite liked this.
It's similar to The Ninth Gate but cheaper and with a musical piece instead of a book.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mummy (1932)

So many Universal fans sleep on this one, but it's great. It's almost like a precursor to what A24 is doing with horror now in some ways. Karloff is magnificent, and having an Egyptian goddess directly intervene in the ending, effectively making our clean cut heroes useless, is pretty ballsy for a 30s movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 13, 2020, 03:28:12 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 13, 2020, 11:55:17 AM
The Last Boy Scout

I seem to have dropped my cigarette. May I have another?

Spoiler
You touch me again I'll kill ya.

8)
[close]

I love that whole scene

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 14, 2020, 12:50:43 AM
The Mummy (1932)

So many Universal fans sleep on this one, but it's great. It's almost like a precursor to what A24 is doing with horror now in some ways. Karloff is magnificent, and having an Egyptian goddess directly intervene in the ending, effectively making our clean cut heroes useless, is pretty ballsy for a 30s movie.

Same. For the time it was quite progressive

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 13, 2020, 11:55:17 AMThe Last Boy Scout

"Wrong place, wrong time. Nothing personal."
"That's what you think. Last night I f*cked your wife."
"Oh you did, huh? How'd you know it was my wife?"
"She said her husband was this big pimp lookin' motherf*cker with a hat."
"Oh, you're real cool for a guy about to take a bullet."
"For f*cking your wife I'll take two."

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2020, 03:33:09 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 13, 2020, 11:55:17 AMThe Last Boy Scout

"Wrong place, wrong time. Nothing personal."
"That's what you think. Last night I f*cked your wife."
"Oh you did, huh? How'd you know it was my wife?"
"She said her husband was this big pimp lookin' motherf*cker with a hat."
"Oh, you're real cool for a guy about to take a bullet."
"For f*cking your wife I'll take two."

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed