Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,012 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Kurgan on Oct 08, 2019, 01:36:59 PM
All too true.

But wasn't he shafted by studio decisions with Suicide Squad? May confuse it with some other DC movie though.

At least Sabotage had this in the so bad it's good department:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJihKu_nMco

If Sabotage was 2 hours of THAT, I'd highly recommend it!  :laugh:

With Suicide Squad, I don't know if Ayer was shafted, but if I recall correctly, reports said his film looked weak during production and Ayer's movie tested really poor. The studio had some trailer company make their own more jovial cut and it tested better. Then the studio ordered lots of lighter toned reshoots and merged the two cuts.  The more audience favored first half of Suicide Squad is mostly the trailer co. cut.. and the more somber disliked second half of the movie is mostly the Ayer cut. 

Apparently the WB was going to do BRIGHT with Ayer and Will Smith after Suicide Squad, but bowed out afterwards.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

He got screwed with on Sabotage as well. The film was cut down drastically and the ending was changed.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 08, 2019, 03:44:35 PM
He got screwed with on Sabotage as well. The film was cut down drastically and the ending was changed.

I heard about the ending change based on audience testing and some gore cuts but most of Sabotage is his movie and the ending change wasn't the problem to me or to Ayer much if I remember correctly. I don't know, did Ayer get screwed for Bright and Street Kings too? If he's not a mixed bag, then he might be the most unluckiest great directors in the world.

Huggs

Huggs

AVPR: Unrated (2.5/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wendigo (2001)

There are some good performances, dialogue, and atmosphere here, but it's all let down by a whole lot of protracted scenes of nothing interesting happening, along with a pretty silly monster suit at the end.

The Old One

The Old One

Snowpiercer
A Ghost Story
Misery

Huggs

Huggs

BVS Dawn of Justice: Extended Edition (2/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Zombie (1979)

Definitely one of my favorite zombies movies. The way it merges the Romero style flesh eating zombies with some of the original voodoo elements is pretty nifty. And Italian zombies always have that cool, rotten look to them. And of course, who could forget the the zombie vs shark scene? :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Suicide Squad: Extended Cut (0.5/5)

Justice League (0.5/5)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 10, 2019, 05:21:53 PM

Justice League (0.5/5)

Back-to-Back, Huggsy?  You brave lad...

Huggs

Huggs

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (0.5/5)

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 10, 2019, 07:33:46 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 10, 2019, 05:21:53 PM

Justice League (0.5/5)

Back-to-Back, Huggsy?  You brave lad...

I figured I may as well just get the suffering over with as quickly as possible.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Woods (2006)

Meh. Overall, it's a less than great Suspiria wannabe, mixed with a CGI rendition of the tree roots from Evil Dead. At least Bruce Campbell was cool when they finally gave him some lines and something to do in the third act.

The Old One

The Old One

EL CAMINO

Superb ending.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Christine (2016)
An intriguing telling of the shocking true life story

We're the Millers
Lol cut for excessive kissing and the striptease was cut to crap, but the swearing was intact lol

Hitchcock
Really enjoyed this. what a cast

Pixels
Meh. and that final post credits scene was so unneeded

Jackie
Apart from Natalie Portman's accent, I really enjoyed it

Despicable Me
Fun as Hell

Despicable Me 3
A great third film. Weird how they skipped number 2 when showing them

Red Eye
Really Tense, just spoilt by the wham bam ending

Welcome to the Punch
Waiting for a sequel that never came

Criminal
A lot better than I expected.

The Campaign
Laughed my ass off, even though one of the major plot points was edited due to censorship

Die Hard 4.0
The last good Die Hard film

just so you guys know, I watched these at the Hotel in Morocco. Now they are fine with showing gore and swearing at all times of the day, but any kiss that lingers past 2 seconds gets cut. Which makes some films even funnier

Huggs

Huggs

Venom (3/5)

The Wolverine (4/5)

Jaws (5/5)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed