Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,546 times)

SM

SM

For a film that literally shouts 'never get off the boat' they often get off the boat - necessarily.  I think they're off the boat a bit too long at the plantation though.  I think even the bit where they catch up with the Playboy bunnies goes too long.  Though both environments tend to suck you in.

Aliens is easier to deal with, as the (extraneous) extra scenes only add about 20 minutes - rather than 40.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Funhouse (1981)
A underrated Tobe Hooper Film. A great reveal halfway through

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Sep 11, 2019, 05:14:59 AMDo you prefer it over the redux? Have you seen the new final cut as well?

I love everything in the Redux except that pace-killing plantation scene, which stops the film dead in its tracks and breaks the ominous mood just when it should be building to the climax.

I was really hoping the Final Cut would basically be the Redux additions minus that, but from what I've heard it's essentially the opposite; it's basically the theatrical version with the plantation scene added in :(

SM

SM

I thought I read he'd trimmed some of the plantation stuff.

Huggs

Huggs

It's the only film I've yet seen where I prefer the original theatrical cut.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dude, Where's My Car?

"And then?" "NO AND THEN!" :laugh:

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 11, 2019, 09:03:41 PM
It's the only film I've yet seen where I prefer the original theatrical cut.

There are a couple where I prefer the theatrical cuts. Sin City and basically every Michael Mann movie are the ones that immediately spring to mind. Conversely, I actually prefer the extended cut of Conan the Barbarian, because unlike a lot of fans I think the 2 minutes or so that Milius added back in are very good and give some extra depth to Conan and the princess.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Outpost (2008)
Was an okay film. Could have been better and done more with the Plot but otherwise okay

Russ

Russ

Fahrenheit 11/9. Some genuinely scary stuff in there, but Michael Moore always goes too far and it lessens the impact of the message he's trying to impart. 

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Sep 12, 2019, 10:20:29 AM
Fahrenheit 11/9. Some genuinely scary stuff in there, but Michael Moore always goes too far and it lessens the impact of the message he's trying to impart.

Still need to see that

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 12, 2019, 10:58:36 AM
Still need to see that

It's definitely worth a watch... the facts shown were truly horrific. I had no idea the extent of the Flint water damage and all that sort of thing, but Moore always gives up too soon with any attempt at even handedness. He briefly talks about how he knows what people from the mid-west are like and how they think and how he said Trump could win...

But pretty soon, he's just showing Neo-Nazis spitting at black people, dubbing Hitler with Trump's voice and all that kind of thing - as I say, it really lessens the impact of his point as it seems like its an utter stitch up.

In some ways it almost re-enforces the "liberal nazi" accusations that the liberal left will not accept another opinion AS opinion and just want to shut down any form of debate and cast anyone who doesn't agree with their view as a moron/racist.

Which is a shame, because there's a lot of really eye-opening stuff in the documentary that's truly shocking (I say this as an Brit and look how shocking everything going on here at the moment is)  - I just wish it had been more even-handed.

The Old One

The Old One

You mean handled with tact, yeah.

Huggs

Huggs

Spectre (2/5)

Ghosts of the Abyss (4/5)

The Babadook (2/5)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 13, 2019, 02:23:14 AM
Spectre (2/5)

Ghosts of the Abyss (4/5)

The Babadook (2/5)

Aw man, The Babadook is one of the few films that creeped me out as an adult. Easy 8.5/10 for me.

Huggs

Huggs

It's very creepy.

I think I was just in the mood for something else, like "it follows" or "cabin in the woods".

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Babadook didn't bother me either. 

I think my Granny desensitized me to horror by letting us marathon bloody rated r horror fest when I was about six or seven years old. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed