Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,002 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finally got around to watching Bird Box last night. It was interesting, but it didn't live up to its potential. Ended up a little meh. I wonder if the book is any better.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Matrix (20th Anniversary Re-Release)
Still a fantastic film, most of the effects still hold up. Great to finally see it on the big screen. I'd forgotten how some of the lines are a bit on the nose

Jaws
Amazing being able to watch this on the Big Screen. I'd forgotten how quickly some things happened and the 3 man hunt was literally the whole final hour

Matrix Reloaded
Some great effects in this and some story elements are actually closely linked to stuff from the first film. Could cut at least 30 minutes from it though

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Cat Returns

Not Ghibli's best, but an entertaining enough diversion that doesn't overstay its welcome.

Huggs

Huggs

Defiance (4/5)

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 20, 2019, 03:14:26 AM
The Cat Returns

Not Ghibli's best, but an entertaining enough diversion that doesn't overstay its welcome.

Next: Whisper of the Heart, also featuring the Baron.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Getaway (the original, not the shitty remake)

Love this. I especially like how everyone in it is varying degrees of shitty, even the lead characters, and yet you can still root for them.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Matrix Revolutions
A good trilogy ender, although some scenes do go on longer than needed. Would love for someone to edit Reloaded and Revolutions into a single 3 hour movie, because i think its possible

Tucker & Dale vs EVIL
Still a fantastic send up of those backwoods horror films. Shame we never got a sequel

Prez

Prez

The Green Book
Excellent film even if they took a few liberties in storytelling accuracy.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 20, 2019, 12:28:22 PM
The Matrix Revolutions
A good trilogy ender, although some scenes do go on longer than needed. Would love for someone to edit Reloaded and Revolutions into a single 3 hour movie, because i think its possible

Could probably cut about 2/3rds of Reloaded to make an edit like that work. A lot of its key plot points happen off-screen or so quickly that they're hard to take in, and the big action scenes that comprise so much of the runtime aren't particularly story-critical. The repetition of its opening scene has always bugged me as a particular waste of time.

However... Revolutions does benefit enormously from the epic-factor of resolving two films rather than one. I don't think we'd have such an emotional hit from Trinity's last scene if she'd only been together with Neo for half a film, for example.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: P-Rock on Jul 20, 2019, 10:22:28 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 20, 2019, 03:14:26 AM
The Cat Returns

Next: Whisper of the Heart, also featuring the Baron.

Seen it. :)

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 20, 2019, 02:40:13 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 20, 2019, 12:28:22 PM
The Matrix Revolutions

Could probably cut about 2/3rds of Reloaded to make an edit like that work. A lot of its key plot points happen off-screen or so quickly that they're hard to take in, and the big action scenes that comprise so much of the runtime aren't particularly story-critical. The repetition of its opening scene has always bugged me as a particular waste of time.

However... Revolutions does benefit enormously from the epic-factor of resolving two films rather than one. I don't think we'd have such an emotional hit from Trinity's last scene if she'd only been together with Neo for half a film, for example.

Did Revolutions actually resolve anything? All I really remember is an endless mech battle, a silly DBZ style fight, and a giant baby.

Crawl

Solid creature feature with some great suspense and decent gore.

Huggs

Huggs

The Usual Suspects (2/5)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 20, 2019, 02:43:45 PMDid Revolutions actually resolve anything? All I really remember is an endless mech battle, a silly DBZ style fight, and a giant baby.

Yeah, I basically remember it ending with everyone agreeing to carry on as before, thus making it a bit of a pointless exercise.

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 21, 2019, 03:57:25 AMThe Usual Suspects (2/5)

WUT? That film's amazing!

Huggs

Huggs

I have a unique scale. 2 is actually pretty good.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Thelma and Louise.   * * * * *

I just got the blu ray of this ;D

Love the transformation of Thelma and the great cinematography.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

From Dusk till Dawn

nice fx, a handful funny moments, but boy what a stinker

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed