Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,933 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 08, 2019, 08:26:20 PM
The Godfather

Not considered one of the greatest films ever made for nothing.

To be honest, I'm more of a Goodfellas man myself, but this is still fantastic.

Indeed. Goodfellas is more fun for repeat viewings, but The Godfather truly stands on a higher tier.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 08, 2019, 09:28:16 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 08, 2019, 08:26:20 PM
The Godfather

Not considered one of the greatest films ever made for nothing.

To be honest, I'm more of a Goodfellas man myself, but this is still fantastic.

Indeed. Goodfellas is more fun for repeat viewings, but The Godfather truly stand on a higher tier.

Indeed. It's not personal, it's strictly business.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The Predator (while drunk)

Didn't help in the least, still an incoherent mess.  :laugh:

P-Rock

P-Rock

The Cat Returns (2002)
After the highly praised Spirited Away Studio Ghibli's next production is a much lower key affair, clearly aimed at a younger market. The Cat Returns has a very simple story about a girl who saves a cat prince and then is forced to marry him by his cat dad and who abducts her to his cat kingdom. Luckily for her there's the Baron (who first appeared in Whisper Of The Heart) who sets up a rescue party. It feels more like a really long episode of a TV show rather than a movie. The characters are somewhat developed but because of the short runtime everything feels a bit rushed. It's still a very cute little movie which will please young children and cat lovers alike. 6/10

Tales From Earthsea (2006)
The big problem with Tales From Earthsea is that they have tried to cram three books into a 2-hour movie. A lot of the background story gets lost in translation because of that. It's quite a puzzling move, because the average viewer who hasn't read the books will have no clue what characters are talking about most of the time and especially the ending will leave you puzzled. The main plot though isn't hard to follow and it's your typical fantasy story about good and evil wizards and facing your fears. As always with Ghibli the animation is rich and colorful and the music was compelling. For a debut movie Goro Miyazaki could've done a lot worse and I don't really get why this movie is disliked so much. I guess it has something to do with all those disgruntled Earthsea readers. 7/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It doesn't help that like a third of the movie is based on the worst book in that series.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: P-Rock on Jul 08, 2019, 02:22:39 PM
Quote from: Russ on Jul 08, 2019, 08:52:37 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 07, 2019, 09:50:11 AM
Skin Trade
Great Dolph Lundgren Film and Damn what a cast round him

Agreed, that's a great one.

The Descent and The Descent Part II.

The first one is brilliant but I didn't like the second one as much... I don't know if that's cos I watched them a day apart and the comparison was too fresh or that it just isn't that great (I'm leaning towards the latter).

If you take the original ending of The Descent the sequel doesn't make any sense. I believe the US got a different ending?

Yeah the US Cut loses the final few minutes

Big Stan (2007)
Since it came to mind earlier in the thread, i thought i should watch it. Still love it. When he tones himself down and lets everyone else go crazy, Schneider is really good. Forgot he directed this as well

Gen13 (2000)
Animated superhero movie based on Image/Wildstorm/DC characters. Would love for some to appear in the DCEU, but would need a Team 7 movie first

The Beastmaster (1982)
Really enjoyed this. Hadnt watched it in years, yet i always remember the Bat People

The Beastmaster II - Through the Portal of Time (1991)
A fun, cheesy sequel. Bit too comedic for my tastes but still fun

The Beastmaster III - The Eye of Braxus (1995)
Made for TV Mvoie sequel. Pulls a Highlander and ignores the second film. Also feels like a pilot for a TV series as well. Which got ignored when they did make a TV series lol. Also its got David Warner in it so definite Thumbs up from me

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 08, 2019, 09:37:01 PM

I did it sober, and 6 times no less.

There's got to be an AVPG achievement for that.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 09, 2019, 02:11:35 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 08, 2019, 09:37:01 PM

I did it sober, and 6 times no less.

There's got to be an AVPG achievement for that.

There is.

It's therapy.

Huggs

Huggs

6 times!

;)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I believe I have watched Alien Resurrection *four* times total, and sadly each time was worse for me than the last.

And here's Robin Williams counting my efforts.

Spoiler

;D
[close]

Edited!  :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 09, 2019, 12:26:38 PM
Big Stan (2007)
Since it came to mind earlier in the thread, i thought i should watch it. Still love it. When he tones himself down and lets everyone else go crazy, Schneider is really good. Forgot he directed this as well

"Can we rape the rapists?"  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 10, 2019, 01:58:27 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 09, 2019, 12:26:38 PM
Big Stan (2007)

"Can we rape the rapists?"  :laugh:

Lol i love that scene

Armageddon
So over the top but its still a fun movie. You forget all the people in supporting roles

BASEketball
Still enjoy this everytime. Brilliant comedy

Huggs

Huggs

Hellboy 2 (3.5/5)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Godfather Part II

I've really never understood why so many people think this is better than the first. The original's far superior if you ask me. In comparison this doesn't really feel like it goes anywhere that substantial, and spends too much time simply retreading things already done in the previous film. Granted the facts it's both a prequel and a sequel is really interesting, but I've always thought the two storylines detract from one another rather than complimenting each other.

As an aside, I totally forgot Harry Dean Stanton was in this.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Might be an unpopular opinion, but honestly I think The Godfather Pt II is boring as hell. Only the flashbacks with De Niro interest me, and the ending.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed