Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,378 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 06, 2019, 01:52:34 PM
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo

The only Rob Schneider starring role I really get along with. "You ungrateful he-bitch!" :laugh:

"Kaiser! Get your old @$$ back in the booth!"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Spider-Man Far From Home

A fun film. A few surprises, one very welcome. Much more action than Homecoming which was definitely needed. A definite good time!  8/10

P-Rock

P-Rock

Spirited Away (2001) It's been ages since I've seen this so I was afraid it would've lost the magic of seeing it for the first time, but it's still a fantastic movie and a treat for the ears and eyes. Sure, sometimes Miyazaki makes things up as they go along, but it really didn't bother me. Not like how it bothered me in Princess Mononoke for example. Yeah, one of his better (if not best) movies. I should rewatch this more often. 9/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Midsommar

Well, that left me thoroughly unsettled. And I certainly won't let strange women bake me a pie any time soon. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 06, 2019, 08:04:36 AM
What We Do In The Shadows
Amazing and Quirky.

Best horror comedy in a long time.

The only Rob Schneider starring role I really get along with. "You ungrateful he-bitch!" :laugh:

Eddie Griffin is great as T.J. the pimp.
What about the sequel? Also has a lot of funny moments imo.

Other ok Rob Schneider movies that come to mind are The Animal and The Hot Chick.

Huggs

Huggs

Predators (3/5)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 07, 2019, 12:08:08 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 06, 2019, 08:04:36 AM
What We Do In The Shadows
Amazing and Quirky.

Best horror comedy in a long time.

Eddie Griffin is great as T.J. the pimp.
What about the sequel? Also has a lot of funny moments imo.

Other ok Rob Schneider movies that come to mind are The Animal and The Hot Chick.

Big Stan is another good Schneider film

Prizzi's Honor
Really enjoyed this. Had a great balance between Comedy and Drama

The Three Musketeers (2011)
A fun take on the story and some great choices for the cast. Just annoyed at the Sequel Bait Ending

Skin Trade
Great Dolph Lundgren Film and Damn what a cast round him

P-Rock

P-Rock

Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
Another enjoyable anime from the Ghilbli grandmaster Hayao Miyazaki and based on a British fantasy novel. As always the animation and music is top notch and it's a joy to watch because of all the colorful characters. Because of the production problems it faced the story does have a couple of loose ends which don't get solved in a satisfying way and especially the second half of the movie feels rushed. Still better than Disney though. 8/10

Pom Poko (1994)
Directed by Isao Takahata, who co-founded Studio Ghibli and also directed the post war animated classic Grave of the Fireflies. Pom Poko is a moving tale about magical raccoons who can shape-shift and use their powers to scare humans so they won't keep destroying their forest homes. It's a funny and sad story (if not a little preachy) and does make you think about the impact we have on forest animals if we keep expanding. Sometimes it drags a bit, but it's got its heart in the right place and carries a clear message. 7/10

Huggs

Huggs

The Beast (1/5) 1996 tv film.

I forgot how cheesy this was.

Bumblebee (1/5)

Well that stunk.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Taika Waititi does it again. This was a storm.

Jurassic Park
The effects have only aged in a few places, otherwise its still magical and seemless

Southpaw
Its the standard The Mighty have fallen and must dust themselves off kind of film and a few characters are underserved, but its still a good film

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 07, 2019, 09:50:11 AM
Skin Trade

Agreed, that's a great one.

The Descent and The Descent Part II.

The first one is brilliant but I didn't like the second one as much... I don't know if that's cos I watched them a day apart and the comparison was too fresh or that it just isn't that great (I'm leaning towards the latter).

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Russ on Jul 08, 2019, 08:52:37 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 07, 2019, 09:50:11 AM
Skin Trade

Agreed, that's a great one.

The Descent and The Descent Part II.

The first one is brilliant but I didn't like the second one as much... I don't know if that's cos I watched them a day apart and the comparison was too fresh or that it just isn't that great (I'm leaning towards the latter).

If you take the original ending of The Descent the sequel doesn't make any sense. I believe the US got a different ending?

Russ

Russ

Yeah, the sequel goes from the point of the US ending. It kicks off a few hours later.

Huggs

Huggs

Bumblebee (3/5)

Alittle better this time.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Godfather

Not considered one of the greatest films ever made for nothing.

To be honest, I'm more of a Goodfellas man myself, but this is still fantastic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed