Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,215 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 20, 2019, 01:34:06 PMI wouldn't call it trash myself, but it's not great either. Highly overrated imo.

It definitely wasn't the greatest war movie ever made, as everyone seemed to want to claim at the time. It's not even close.

It was one of those movies that was good, but left me with no desire to ever watch it again.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 20, 2019, 01:46:15 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 20, 2019, 01:34:06 PMI wouldn't call it trash myself, but it's not great either. Highly overrated imo.

It definitely wasn't the greatest war movie ever made, as everyone seemed to want to claim at the time. It's not even close.

It was one of those movies that was good, but left me with no desire to ever watch it again.

Yep, you about covered how I felt about it.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 20, 2019, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 20, 2019, 01:46:15 PM

Yep, you about covered how I felt about it.

Tom Hardy is as delicious as ever though

Huggs

Huggs

Anger Management (3/5)

P-Rock

P-Rock

Exorcist: The Beginning (2004)
Despite a good performance by Stellan SkarsgÄrd, the biggest sin this Exorcist prequel makes is that it's just not scary and very paint-by-numbers. 5/10

Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist (2005)
The original prequel, before it got shelved by the studio. It follows the same story as The Beginning with almost the same cast & crew, but it's an entirely different movie. Schrader's version focuses more on the spiritual side of loss of faith and demonic possession. It's a far more interesting movie, although it drags in places and the cgi is horrible. 6/10

The Exorcist III (1990)
Interesting psychological horror movie about a tired policeman who chases, quite literally, a ghost. This ghost commits gruesome murders through mentally insane people in a psychiatric ward. For a horror movie it's quite tame. They never show us the gruesome details of the murders, for instance. It's more interested in the search for reason and psychological mind games. 7/10

Lu Over The Wall (2017)
Cute anime about a music loving mermaid who befriends a couple of high schoolers who started a band. It's a bit like Ponyo, with a dash of Panda! Go, Panda!. Knowing it's the director of Mind Game, this could've been a lot crazier. 7/10

Norwegian Wood (2010)
Beautiful, yet very depressing and slow paced movie about a student caught up in a love triangle after his best friend kills himself. Great acting and cinematography. 8/10

Ingwar

Ingwar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxUuU1jwMgM

Quote from: P-Rock on Jun 20, 2019, 06:03:59 PM
Norwegian Wood (2010)
Beautiful, yet very depressing and slow paced movie about a student caught up in a love triangle after his best friend kills himself. Great acting and cinematography. 8/10

I have read the book. Love Murakami's style.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 20, 2019, 01:37:57 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 20, 2019, 12:11:21 PM
Sidekicks (1992)
An okay Action/Comedy/Drama featuring Chuck Norris. Had some great moments and the use of footage from his films worked really well

There's one I haven't thought of in years.

I think its still on youtube

REC3:Genesis
Love how they changed the visual style halfway thorugh. Really did work and i fun expansion of the lore

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The Exorcist III (1990)
Interesting psychological horror movie about a tired policeman who chases, quite literally, a ghost. This ghost commits gruesome murders through mentally insane people in a psychiatric ward. For a horror movie it's quite tame. They never show us the gruesome details of the murders, for instance. It's more interested in the search for reason and psychological mind games. 7/10

I'd bump Exorcist 3 Legion to 8 or 8.5 myself. Great psychological horror, and William Peter Blatty's real sequel to The Exorcist, not that moneygrab  shlock faux sequel known as Exorcist II Heretic.

Huggs

Huggs

Bullitt, again.

What was with the meat cleaver and the gold shoes?

How could they just gloss over that?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 21, 2019, 07:40:24 PM
The Exorcist III (1990)

I'd bump Exorcist 3 Legion to 8 or 8.5 myself. Great psychological horror, and William Peter Blatty's real sequel to The Exorcist, not that moneygrab  shlock faux sequel known as Exorcist II Heretic.

That film has one of the best shock scares in any horror movie I've seen for the past 40 odd years. Still remember watching it on VHS at my mates house with some other friends and we literally all jumped out of our skins at that scene.

Spoiler
The hospital ward scene involving the hedge clippers and the nurse
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Prez on Jun 21, 2019, 10:28:33 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 21, 2019, 07:40:24 PM
The Exorcist III (1990)

That film has one of the best shock scares in any horror movie I've seen for the past 40 odd years. Still remember watching it on VHS at my mates house with some other friends and we literally all jumped out of our skins at that scene.

Spoiler
The hospital ward scene involving the hedge clippers and the nurse
[close]

Oh yeah. That was terrific filmmaking too.

Spoiler
The way the camera stayed fixed for so long looking down that hallway giving the audience a false sense of security was brilliant!
[close]

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Suburbia (1983)
"About a gang of runaway youths and the rising tension between them and regular citizens."
First time I saw this. Pretty good. Bit raw. Maybe shocking too some.

Crackheads (2013)
"Four friends try drugs and turn their lives upside down."
Fun and original New Zealand comedy.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

French lucifer

Explained to me why some people are dullards and why some people are like Judge Judy; the latter don't care about just two things; meat that has been butchered and meat that has been butchered and processed.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Rec: Apocalypse
A great ending to the series, although it does leave it open somewhat

Huggs

Huggs

American Gangster (4/5)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed