Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,207 times)

SM

SM

The Thing - the newer one.

Taking out the comparison to the Carpenter flick - why does everyone shit on this again?  It's not a bad flick at all.  Ending is tacked on as an after thought, but overall it's pretty decent.  Forgot Tormund was in it - and looks identical to Tormund.  And for some reason the effects didn't look as CG as I remember them.  A few scenes did, but many looked practical.  They didn't recut it with the ADI effects did they?

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: SM on May 03, 2019, 06:57:27 AM

Taking out the comparison to the Carpenter flick - why does everyone shit on this again?  It's not a bad flick at all.  Ending is tacked on as an after thought, but overall it's pretty decent.  Forgot Tormund was in it - and looks identical to Tormund.  And for some reason the effects didn't look as CG as I remember them.  A few scenes did, but many looked practical.  They didn't recut it with the ADI effects did they?

It's still a mix of practical painted over with cgi.

Prez

Prez

I enjoyed it but my biggest issue was the that at times it was a beat for beat rehash of Carpenter's classic.
That said I liked the dynamic between Edgerton and Winstead. And still it amazes me how people think this is a reboot and not a prequel. In their defence it doesn't help when the marketing genius' can't come up with a new film title and instead just reuse the original film's name.

That said I didn't have a problem with the FX. I thought the scene between Winstead and the other female was actually quite terrifying.
Still not a patch of the original's incredible haunting sense of dread.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: P-Rock on May 03, 2019, 06:21:44 AM
I like X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Some of the cgi looks a bit wonky, but its got good performances and it's a perfectly enjoyable popcorn movie. I always wonder why this movie gets so much flack while real pieces of X-Men shit like The Last Stand gets a pass.

I don't give Last Stand a pass, most don't. IMO it's one of the three bad ones, along with Origins and Apocalypse. HuDaFuk is the guy to ask about giving TLS a pass. :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Origins is absolute schlock trash.

Liev Schreiber's excellent Sabretooth deserves a superior film, and the Weapon X proceedure deserved a hard-R rating.

Huggs

Huggs

Logan (4/5)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Certainly not a bad movie.
And one of the better among the few Arctic horror movies.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on May 03, 2019, 06:26:48 PM
Logan (4/5)

Logan is awesome, but it's so hard to watch knowing how it ends

The Old One

The Old One

Avengers Endgame

Conflicted.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

X-Men

Still a lot of fun. "You're a dick." :laugh: It's also interesting that Jackman bookended his Wolverine tenure fighting a double of himself.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 03, 2019, 07:00:21 PM

Certainly not a bad movie.
And one of the better among the few Arctic horror movies.

What other Arctic horror movies would you recommend?

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: P-Rock on May 03, 2019, 11:10:08 PM
What other Arctic horror movies would you recommend?

Blutgletscher (Blood Glacier) (2013) is probably the only one. It's not great but decent enough.

The Last Winter (2006) was ok from what I remember but it's more of mystery-thriller than a horror.

And I'm keeping my eye on the upcoming half hour short movie Sound From The Deep (2017).
It's getting good reviews and might be turned into a full length movie.

That's about it. There's Alien Vs Predator, The first X-Files movie and some episodes, but I assume you saw those.

I guess it's neither easy or cheap to film those. Otherwise I can't understand why there aren't more.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Street Fighter's Last Revenge

This was okay, but the first two were a lot better.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Wandering Earth (2019)
Turned it off at some point and can't be bothered to finish it.
Thought it was going to be a cool sci-fi movie but it's more of a disaster movie in a sci-fi setting.

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019)
Didn't finish this one either. Most of the movie takes place after he got caught. So it's mostly court room stuff.
Zac Efron did a fine job portraying Ted Bundy. But that's about it.
Better watch the documentary series instead. Or if you want something "entertaining" try Ted Bundy (2002).

Huggs

Huggs

Infinity War (4/5)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed