Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,875 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Lucy (2014)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: The Old One on May 01, 2019, 09:59:05 PM
Into the Spider-Verse.

Superb, the animation is pure unf.

Groundbreaking animation. The most jaw dropping kind I've seen since seeing Disney's incredible style circa (original) Jungle Book.

Great film too!

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Prez on May 02, 2019, 01:56:36 AM
Quote from: The Old One on May 01, 2019, 09:59:05 PM
Into the Spider-Verse.

Superb, the animation is pure unf.

Groundbreaking animation. The most jaw dropping kind I've seen since seeing Disney's incredible style circa (original) Jungle Book.

Great film too!
Original's always good.

Huggs

Huggs

2012 (3/5)

P-Rock

P-Rock

Suspiria (2018) is more of a reimagining than a remake, but I quite enjoyed it. Don't expect anything like Argento's trippy masterpiece though; this is the polar opposite and apart from witches running a dance academy it doesn't have much in common. I also quite liked the music, despite me not being a Thom Yorke fan much. It fit surprisingly well with the images. The movie takes its sweet time (2,5 hours) but didn't feel as long. The only weak link is the main star Dakota Johnson, who's acting chops leave much to be desired. 7/10

Predwars24

Predwars24

Avengers Endgame: So far the best of 2019, and a great conclusion to the first 11 years of the MCU.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Curse of La Llorona (2019)

Pretty straightforward horror film, with nothing really new or too exciting to offer. It's not bad, it's just kind of there. The movie fails to establish a unsettling tone, unlike the other films set within the Conjuring universe, and relies mostly on jump scares (of which few are effective). The cast kind of saves it. Linda Cardellini is always a pleasure to watch, the kid actors are decent and Raymond Cruz steps away from the Tuco typecasting and delivers a bit more subtle performance. Patricia Velásquez, who plays a grieving mother, is probably the best out of the group however.

6/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

X-Men: First Class

"Go f**k yourself!" :laugh:

Going through the series in a pseudo-chronological viewing order, before Dark Phoenix comes out. This one is still pretty cool, and I had forgotten Leland Palmer was in this. Sadly, he doesn't dance.

Return of the Street Fighter

Sonny Chiba: stabbing people with guns years before Michael Myers did it. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Sully (4/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Garbage, but at least I got it out of the way early. Also, recording a commentary and talking while I watched it made it more tolerable to sit through.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 03, 2019, 02:55:19 AM

Garbage, but at least I got it out of the way early. Also, recording a commentary and talking while I watched it made it more tolerable to sit through.

I watch it for the bike and the redhawk and that's it.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on May 03, 2019, 02:59:04 AM

As much as I hate it, it's kind of required viewing so you can understand certain jokes in the Deadpool movies. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 03, 2019, 03:03:34 AM

As much as I hate it, it's kind of required viewing so you can understand certain jokes in the Deadpool movies. :laugh:

"Those bullets are really fast"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on May 03, 2019, 03:04:38 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 03, 2019, 03:03:34 AM

"Those bullets are really fast"

I have a friend who really doesn't like that sword scene from Origins, so that bit in Deadpool 2 was basically made for him.

P-Rock

P-Rock

I like X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Some of the cgi looks a bit wonky, but its got good performances and it's a perfectly enjoyable popcorn movie. I always wonder why this movie gets so much flack while real pieces of X-Men shit like The Last Stand gets a pass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed