Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,871 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 27, 2019, 03:09:25 AM
I like them both.

The funny thing is that the cgi looks better in Lee's version.

I think ILM did the Ang Lee one not sure who did the Norton one.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 27, 2019, 09:42:41 AM

Anyway, a bunch of movies I've watched over the last week or so:

Tears of the Sun is great - those scenes you talk about have really stayed with me, years after I've seen the movie. I love the ending where they're reverse leapfrogging with covering fire to get to the border.

Navy SEALS... is awesome. You forgot Rick Rossovitch is also in it ... it's kinda like a movie that they made behind James Cameron's back to annoy him.

I've not seen it in 20 years or something like that but I still remember Charlie Sheen smugly saying "And he's dealing with the Navy SEALs" in response Joanne Whalley's warning about the uber-bad.

I also remember him jumping off a bridge whilst drunk... not sure if that was an actual event that they filmed and put in the movie.

Le sigh. To Amazon it is, then...

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Russ on Mar 27, 2019, 11:43:03 AM

Anyway, a bunch of movies I've watched over the last week or so:

Tears of the Sun is great - those scenes you talk about have really stayed with me, years after I've seen the movie. I love the ending where they're reverse leapfrogging with covering fire to get to the border.

When i saw it the first time as a teen the scenes haunted me too. It was probably the first time i saw such real life inspired atrocities in a movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Navy SEALs

My mind tells me this film is complete shite, but my heart tells me it's a riot. Every now and then you get one of these military-funded, blatant propaganda/recruitment pieces, but whereas these days they're all grim and deathly serious, this was the 80s*, so it's all completely ridiculous, played substantially for macabre laughs and has a rock soundtrack. Michael Biehn stars in easily the second best Navy SEAL role he's ever played, alongside a young Charlie Sheen (who manages to be likeable despite his character being a total prick) and Bill Paxton as a sniper called God. They go trotting around the globe using all the best military hardware the US Navy can supply in pursuit of some terrorists (who of course are all Arabic and who we learn literally nothing about beyond their leader's name) who have got their naughty mitts on some surface-to-air missiles. In their downtime, the SEALs play golf while rocking out to Bon Jovi covering Thin Lizzy with the amps turned to 80s.

Oh yeah, and to add to the fun, the picture quality on the DVD is atrocious, so it was more like watching a VHS, which added that extra slice of nostalgia.

*OK, so technically it was released in 1990, but it's still 80s as f*ck.

Just a great film to watch and switch your brain off too

Prez

Prez

Watching The Dirt on Netflix.
I was not a huge Crue fan but I did love a few of their songs. This film so far is a riot - I mean not many films open up with a something so crazy in the first 5 mins (you'll know when you see it and it's a way to lewd to post on here).

Russ

Russ

The Dirt was awesome. Loved it.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Prez on Mar 27, 2019, 01:01:20 PM
Watching The Dirt on Netflix.
I was not a huge Crue fan but I did love a few of their songs. This film so far is a riot - I mean not many films open up with a something so crazy in the first 5 mins (you'll know when you see it and it's a way to lewd to post on here).

Quote from: Russ on Mar 27, 2019, 01:21:38 PM
The Dirt was awesome. Loved it.

Read the book? It's great.
Still have to watch the movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Free State of Jones - Blu-ray

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 27, 2019, 12:38:15 PM

Navy SEALs

My mind tells me this film is complete shite, but my heart tells me it's a riot. Every now and then you get one of these military-funded, blatant propaganda/recruitment pieces, but whereas these days they're all grim and deathly serious, this was the 80s*, so it's all completely ridiculous, played substantially for macabre laughs and has a rock soundtrack. Michael Biehn stars in easily the second best Navy SEAL role he's ever played, alongside a young Charlie Sheen (who manages to be likeable despite his character being a total prick) and Bill Paxton as a sniper called God. They go trotting around the globe using all the best military hardware the US Navy can supply in pursuit of some terrorists (who of course are all Arabic and who we learn literally nothing about beyond their leader's name) who have got their naughty mitts on some surface-to-air missiles. In their downtime, the SEALs play golf while rocking out to Bon Jovi covering Thin Lizzy with the amps turned to 80s.

Oh yeah, and to add to the fun, the picture quality on the DVD is atrocious, so it was more like watching a VHS, which added that extra slice of nostalgia.

*OK, so technically it was released in 1990, but it's still 80s as f*ck.

Just a great film to watch and switch your brain off too

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 27, 2019, 07:53:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GXzknyVQ8I

Can't wait to see these guys again in the Jay And Silent Bob reboot!

Voodoo Magic

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2019, 09:41:43 PM
It's a reboot?

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is an upcoming 2019 American comedy film written, directed, and starring Kevin Smith.
Smith has said that the movie is "literally the same f**king movie all over again" referring to his 2001 comedy Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

The new movie will take jabs at reboots, remakes, and sequels while simultaneously being all three at the same time.

"After losing the legal rights to their names over a film reboot of "Bluntman and Chronic", Jay and Silent Bob travel across the USA in an attempt to prevent the reboot from being made."

;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 27, 2019, 10:02:00 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2019, 09:41:43 PM
It's a reboot?

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is an upcoming 2019 American comedy film written, directed, and starring Kevin Smith.
Smith has said that the movie is "literally the same f**king movie all over again" referring to his 2001 comedy Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

The new movie will take jabs at reboots, remakes, and sequels while simultaneously being all three at the same time.

"After losing the legal rights to their names over a film reboot of "Bluntman and Chronic", Jay and Silent Bob travel across the USA in an attempt to prevent the reboot from being made."

;D

:laugh: That's awesome.

Russ

Russ

Peppermint. Was pretty good to be honest.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Russ on Mar 28, 2019, 08:37:04 AM
Peppermint. Was pretty good to be honest.

Agreed. Quite the disparity between audience and critics..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed