Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,910 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The ending's fantastic.

No cliché.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

A Star is Born 2018

Really good in parts. In other parts, not so much. It's not as great as you hear, but not an awful film either. It's funny to see how many people cameo in this film, including his old co-stars from Alias.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Saw the trailer of A Star is Born. Looked like a terrible tearjerker schlockfest.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I accidentally mistook Schlockfest for Oktoberfest, and naturally thought it came with free beer. Boy was I wrong.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Russ on Feb 21, 2019, 12:10:30 PM
Polar with Mads Mikkelsen... not the film I was expecting from the trailers, its very Tarrantino in places.

Spoiler

The ending was a real let down; you can tell that the writers had him die at the end and the studio said "no, what if its a hit and we need a sequel." It made no sense for the girl NOT to shoot him, the twist that it was HIM all along was great and then let down by the failure to deliver.
[close]

But all that said, its still worth a watch for some really innovative (and over the top) action.

I need to check that movie out. I just don't know if I can ever see Mads as anyone but Hannibal now.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 21, 2019, 08:20:33 PM
I need to check that movie out. I just don't know if I can ever see Mads as anyone but Hannibal now.

Check out The Green Butchers (aka De Grønne Slagtere) too.

Huggs

Huggs

That forehead is insane. Alas, i don't go that far off the radar. When I do it's only for something that's getting significant word of mouth. Like Downfall or It Follows.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I didn't either at first. Then I got a little bored with regular movies and now I watch almost anything as long as it can catch my interest.
Some gems out there that the radar doesn't pick up. Or sometimes get an American remake which usually isn't that good.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

*cough* *cough* 2010 *cough* *cough*

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 21, 2019, 09:05:02 PM

Just ordered it on Blu-ray. If it wasn't for the landmark that was 2001, and you voodoo, I wouldn't have even known about it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 21, 2019, 09:07:28 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 21, 2019, 09:05:02 PM

Just ordered it on Blu-ray. If it wasn't for the landmark that was 2001, and you voodoo, I wouldn't have even known about it.

I'm here to serve good friend. Practice voodoo, and serve. And regrets, you'll have none!

P-Rock

P-Rock

*cough* *cough* A Serbian Film *cough* *cough*

Prez

Prez

The man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot
Not as oddball as the title suggests - part slow burn melodrama part Coen brothers. Sam Elliot and Aidan Turner are great in this!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 21, 2019, 09:44:38 PM
*cough* *cough* A Serbian Film *cough* *cough*

My cold must be contagious!

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Anyone seen A Man Called Ove (En Man Som Heter Ove)?
I really recommend that one. Beautiful movie about a grumpy, old widower.
Or you could wait for the American remake with Tom Hanks or Will Ferrell (really).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed