Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,340 times)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

^ felt exactly the same about Fury.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 01, 2019, 09:09:14 PM
No Country for Old Men

"Alright. What we circulate? Lookin' for a man who has recently drunk milk? " :laugh:

"Now that's aggrevatin'.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 02, 2019, 10:53:10 AM
Fury

I love the first two acts, and I love the last act, I just feel like they're from different films - most of this is a super-gritty, realistic war movie, and then it kinda goes a bit Rambo at the end. I still really enjoy it, but I wish the finale had been a bit more tonally consistent.

I can see that. The first few moments where they realize what's coming is really tense though. The fear is just palpable. Had they fled into the hills and had to travel behind enemy lines, through the woods and darting across roads, clearing and sleeping in abandoned houses, evading patrols, before finally getting caught and fighting to the death, I think it would've been a better third act.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Punisher (1989)

"Who sent you?" "Batman!" Yes, apparently the marketing push for Burton's Batman was so pervasive that even a dude who's been living for the sewers for five years was aware of that movie. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 02, 2019, 06:16:37 PMI can see that. The first few moments where they realize what's coming is really tense though. The fear is just palpable.

Like I said, I still enjoy the hell out of it. It's just that after the gritty, brutal realism of the first two acts, seeing the German's brainlessly marching towards an immobile tank and getting slaughtered for their trouble - when it's not their objective and they could just, you know, go around - strikes me as a bit silly.

First Blood

First Blood

Pistol Whipped (2008)

Sometimes I wonder why I watch some of the shit that I do. Take this for example, it's Steven Seagal playing Steven Seagal (big surprise) who takes contracts from Lance Heriksen to kill people. It sounds good on paper. And maybe it would have worked say, 20 years ago when both actors were at their prime, and Seagal was still considered sexy. But now? It's f**king hilarious. The editing it pretty vomit educing and the action, if you can call it that, is hilariously bad. I may have to wash the bad taste of this movie outta my mouth later with Damien Chazelle's First Man.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Car (1977)

This was a surprisingly well made and acted piece of goofy schlock. It ain't great, but decent enough to give a single watch. Also, it took me forever to figure it out where I recognized the child actors playing James Brolin's daughters from, but one was Lindsey Wallace in Halloween, and the other was the ice cream girl from Assault on Precinct 13. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

London Has Fallen

Sure it's completely daft and the most propagandised pro-America movie since... well, the first one, but credit where credit's due - the set piece near the end where Gerard Butler and a bunch of SAS advance up a terrorist-held London street in one continuous take is the best action sequence I've seen for quite a while. Could do with the CGI being a bit less shitty though.

Looking forward to the third one.

Prez

Prez

The Girl in the Spiders Web
Much better than I thought. Enjoyable. Still think Noomi's performance is the best Lisbeth Salander put to film.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 03, 2019, 05:55:51 AMThe Car (1977)

This was a surprisingly well made and acted piece of goofy schlock. It ain't great, but decent enough to give a single watch. Also, it took me forever to figure it out where I recognized the child actors playing James Brolin's daughters from, but one was Lindsey Wallace in Halloween, and the other was the ice cream girl from Assault on Precinct 13. :laugh:

This one's pretty good, watched it a few years ago when I was on my "killer car" movie spree. :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Peppermint.
Part John Wick. Part Death Wish.
Loved it.

First Blood

First Blood

First Man (2018)

About the trials and tribulations of Neil Armstrong and NASA during the 60s, to get a rocket to go to the moon. Very good performances all around. If you look close enough there's a certain type of film grain in this movie, to give it the allusion that it was shot in the 60s. That was pretty clever.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I love how close/claustrophobic the camera is through the majority of the film, only taking a step back and going wide to allow Neil (and the audience) the opportunity to breathe once he reaches the Moon.

Prez

Prez

About a third of the way through Mortal Engines. Enjoying it so far. Oh look that kid from Misfits (and the shaman from Fortitude) ... and Elrond/Agent Smith again.

Huggs

Huggs

Kong: Skull Island - Bluray

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Feb 04, 2019, 01:17:35 AM
About a third of the way through Mortal Engines. Enjoying it so far. Oh look that kid from Misfits (and the shaman from Fortitude) ... and Elrond/Agent Smith again.

I've never read the book but I really enjoyed this one. Critics savaged it yet I'm not sure why. Well made and reminded me in tone of some of those B grade cult 80s fantasy flicks I used to love so much growing up on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed