Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,238 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Prez on Nov 20, 2018, 11:23:37 AM

How wonderful an actor is Ian Holm. Though I half expected him to ram a rolled magazine down Frodo's throat when he's denied holding his old ring in Rivendell  ;D

I didn't know they had dirty magazines in Rivendell? Must have brought it with him.

"The Verge: Bushless Hobbiton"

"Up and Cumming: See the new faces of Mordor's BDSM culture, and the Dark Lord shares his thoughts on the bitcoin situation".

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

Part of me wishes that Saxon had busted out his Enter the Dragon moves on the skeleton at the end. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 20, 2018, 04:33:08 PM
Quote from: Prez on Nov 20, 2018, 11:23:37 AM

How wonderful an actor is Ian Holm. Though I half expected him to ram a rolled magazine down Frodo's throat when he's denied holding his old ring in Rivendell  ;D

I didn't know they had dirty magazines in Rivendell? Must have brought it with him.

"The Verge: Bushless Hobbiton"

"Up and Cumming: See the new faces of Mordor's BDSM culture, and the Dark Lord shares his thoughts on the bitcoin situation".

;D

MudButt

MudButt

Creed II

Michael B Jordan has once again proven that he's going to be someone we talk about for years to come. He's a start and does amazing work in this worthy follow up to a fantastic first film. I was initially worried since Ryan Coogler wasn't going to have much to do with this movie since he was busy with Black Panther but Steven Caple Jr. really made the movie his own. When I had first heard that the Dragos were coming back I was really worried that the movie would abandon the realism and tone from the first Creed and adopt a cheesy tone similar to the 80s flick Rocky 4. Boy was I wrong, Ivan Drago and his son Viktor is some of the best stuff in the movie. Stallone does great work too but you can definitely tell after this movie it has become the Creed franchise. There's a scene towards the end that couldn't be more telling of that. The camera pans out as Rocky watches Adonis Creed in the ring. Rocky is wearing the robe with Creed's name on it.

The movie does a great job of dealing with the characters trying to find their place as their lives move forward. It's about fathers and sons. Rocky, Adonis, Viktor, and Ivan all have to deal with redemption and revenge. The fights are brutal and exciting and the last fight does not disappoint. I found the score to be very well done as well.

If I had to point out some negatives I would say that I wanted a bit more between Rocky and Ivan but I think the movie makes a choice to have that relationship play out between Viktor and Adonis. The Drago's get a great final scene but I would have liked a bit more resolution between our core 4 characters.

Other than that I loved this movie and I truly hope we get another one of these flicks. I'm so interested to see where they take the next one based on where each character ends up in this movie. I could easily see it being the last one though.

9/10.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Breaker Morant

Great movie on the whole. I got a good laugh out of Edward Woodward calling himself a pagan near the end. Sure you are, Sgt. Howie. Sure you are. :laugh:

The Wicker Man (2006)

*wakes up from random dream sequence* "God... Damn it!" :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Green Berets
Vietnam War film starring John Wayne and George Takei. A bit overlong, almost as if it was two films cut together

Inferno
Holy Crap what was Argento taking. Had no idea what was going on for the most part

Behemoth The Seamonster
Stop motion British Monster movie from the 50's. Essentially its a UK take on Godzilla but hints at more creatures

Starry Eyes
Seemed influenced by Argento in places. Really blurred the lines between Madness and Reality

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

The Visit (2015)

I've never seen an old granny move so fast lol, there are a few funny moments in this but it's not scary enough for a horror. The two younger actors were really good but overall I found it a little boring.  4/10 
Spoiler
As if that girl would have gone down to the basement at the end or even have the nerve to after everything that had happened...in real life her first thought would have been to just get out the house quick and get help for her little brother...
[close]

Oasis: Supersonic (2016)   

This documentary starts off interesting enough when you hear about Oasis in the early days and before they were famous, after that it felt a bit like it was repeating stuff I've heard before. I'm a fan of Oasis and this is worth a look but I don't think there is much here to really lift it above other documentaries about them that you've probably already seen on tv.  5.5/10

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa (2013)

The BBC series had better writing and the situations Alan Partridge got into felt more real which in turn made it much funnier. This big screen version is crap and feels completely different, it's much more OTT and silly, there are only a few laughs.  3/10

brain_damage

brain_damage

Ah yesss, the Visit was good. Creepy as hell.

I watched You were never really here. Joaquin is seriously underrated.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wicker Man (1973)

Naturally. It's far too dangerous to jump through the fire with your clothes on.

Huggs

Huggs

Pirates 5 - Bluray

Much better than Strangers Tides. Javier was excellent as Salazar.

3/5

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 22, 2018, 11:36:39 AMInferno
Holy Crap what was Argento taking. Had no idea what was going on for the most part

Read somewhere a lot of those Italian horror movies are like that and that they should be watched for the scenery and atmosphere.
Not my cup of tea. Too abstract for my taste.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Green Room
Damn this film is Tense and even though Patrick Stewart is only in it for a short while he holds that screen

Banshee Chapter
Now while this film seemed to start as a Found Footage style film, even with documentary voiceover. It ignored that about 30 minutes in but continued to be shot in the Found Footage style which really took me out of the scares

Huggs

Huggs

Incredibles 2 - Bluray

My second viewing. I enjoyed it alittle bit more than the first time. I still don't think it's as good as the first film though. It will definitely be awhile before I watch it again.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 24, 2018, 02:23:38 AM
Incredibles 2 - Bluray

My second viewing. I enjoyed it alittle bit more than the first time. I still don't think it's as good as the first film though. It will definitely be awhile before I watch it again.

The Old One showed me this. Informative but sad at the same time. Guess we should be glad we what we got.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ali (2001)

Will Smith is incredible in this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed