Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,978 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bone Tomahawk

Rewatching on blu-ray, and holy f**k, the mayor is Alan Frog. :laugh:

Russ

Russ

After many years and having totally forgotten about the story - Sunshine. Well now - that was really good till the last act. I'll admit to not understanding what was going on. Well, I actually did understand in the final analysis and I was hoping I DIDN'T understand it. But ultimately, it was just a loony that had survived on the other ship. With blurry effects to make it seem like he might be something more than he was.

Danny Boyle does a lot of explaining as to what was actually going on in his commentary which is great. I have to say his commentary really was interesting and engaging. One of the things that he said made me laugh. Paraphrasing, he says the basis of all "hard" science fiction movies seem to be: A Ship. A Crew. A Signal.  :D :D :D

He also consistently acknowledges Kubrick, Scott and Tarkovsky as inspirations and indeed reference points (like the hanging toys in the Nostromo are evident on the Icarus II because that's how you show the ship is moving or under stress or whatever).

Sunshine has an amazing cast, amazing score, really great direction, brilliant effects... I just wish it had been different in the end. I don't know how different or what they could or should have done... I just felt the third act let the rest of the film down.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Take
A fun Idris Elba actioner. Although the twists were telegraphed

Apartment 143
An interesting take on Found Footage Horror, picks up more in the second half where you find its gripped you

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Halloween (2018)

Really, really enjoyed this.

Huggs

Huggs

Troll Hunter - on Bluray

Great to finally see it in high-definition.

Got Rampage and Infinity War up next.

Just watched Infinity War on Blu-ray.

Loved every second of it. This was a damn solid movie.

Mrs.Majesty

Mrs.Majesty

A Beautiful Mind (2001)

I really liked this movie. Now it will be one of my favorite movies. An interesting plot that made me worry about the characters. I can not say that I fully understand the main character, because he suffers from schizophrenia, but I understand how hard it is for him. His story made me cry. Yes, I am very sentimental. Awesome story. I love this movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Exorcist - Theatrical Cut

1970s medicine is terrifying.

The Collector

Nice Bunny Colvin cameo. ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Halloween (2018)
A fantastic sequel in my opinion. Nice alternate take on the timeline (3rd now lol). Loved the call backs to the original while it also did its own thing in alot of places

War of the Planet of the Apes
Still a fantastic trilogy ender. The CGI on the apes is so good,it still made me thought they were suits or something

Russ

Russ

Pandorum. Again, forgotten all about it. How good was that! I thought it was a smart premise, well executed, brilliantly acted. Of course, its a sum of Alien, Even Horizon, Outland and The Descent. But who cares - it had Dennis Quaid.

Really loved it.

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

"First Man" - Great movie, the whole nonsense about lack of flag planting is ridiculous, you see the flag on the moon at least twice, it's on their uniforms, space suits, aircraft, space shuttle etc. It's there, it's not hidden, you see it planted (just not being planted).People avoiding the movie simply due to no shot of a flag being put into the moon's surface is mind blowing.

Solid 8/10 movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Faster - on Bluray

Still one of my favorites, especially as a Ruger revolver fanatic.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Russ on Oct 22, 2018, 03:21:14 PM
Pandorum. Again, forgotten all about it. How good was that! I thought it was a smart premise, well executed, brilliantly acted. Of course, its a sum of Alien, Even Horizon, Outland and The Descent. But who cares - it had Dennis Quaid.

Really loved it.

Thanks. Now I'm considering a revisit to this one ...

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Incredibles 2 (2018)
It was ok.
Don't seem to enjoy these Pixars like I used too. Guess I'm getting too old for this.

An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn (2018)
Besides a decent cast and strange characters, there wasn't enough going on to make this interesting.
Too bad. It's from the guy who made The Greasy Strangler so I expected something a little better.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 23, 2018, 04:18:39 PM
The Incredibles 2 (2018)
It was ok.
Don't seem to enjoy these Pixars like I used too. Guess I'm getting too old for this.

You can never be too old for Pixar

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 24, 2018, 11:24:01 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 23, 2018, 04:18:39 PM
The Incredibles 2 (2018)
It was ok.

You can never be too old for Pixar

Then the movies are worse than they used to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed