Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,392 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Blue is the Warmest Colour

True to life, French language romance.  A+

Russ

Russ

12 Strong with the really, really, really ridiculously good-looking Chris Hemsworth as the Captain of the first American Special Forces "on the ground" in Afghanistan after the Twin Towers attack. Based on a true story - they rode to battle on horseback which makes this the most modern of modern westerns. Hemsworth literally is the blue-eyed, square-jawed, clean-cut, family-man cavalry officer who will carry out his mission with a few good men at his back.

It was ...OK. I wouldn't watch it again, but its on Amazon Prime so why not.

Tomorrow After the War Began. Inferior Aussie Red-Dawn clone. It's based on a series of seven novels and that shows because this looks like the pilot for a teen adventure series. It's not terrible, but it's not great either... and the young cast weren't helped by some heavy handed dialogue. 

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 01, 2018, 01:04:48 AM
Blue is the Warmest Colour

True to life, French language romance.  A+

It really is a fantastic film

Alien Nation (1988)
I'd never actually seen the original film before. I'd only watched the TV series. Its a great film and does some nice world building without it being utter exposition. Dont know how this was an 18 mind lol

Mile 22 (2018)
While filled with some great action, it did feel like the ending was cut, especially as it was only 90 minutes long. 30 more minutes could have rounded out the story, but turns out a trilogy was planned from the start

Warlock (1989)
Been wanting to watch this as well for ages. A lot of fun, especially when you consider that originally Richard E. Grant and Julian Sands were in the other roles before the swapped.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 01, 2018, 11:59:58 AM
Warlock (1989)
Been wanting to watch this as well for ages. A lot of fun, especially when you consider that originally Richard E. Grant and Julian Sands were in the other roles before the swapped.

I remember it being a teeth grinding source of frustration that Julian Sands and Michael Praed were not Lestat and Louis in the Interview with the Vampire movie.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

The Predator
4/10

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Ant Man And The Wasp (2018)
One of my least favorite Marvel flicks so far.

Skyscraper (2018)
Didn't finish. Don't think I'll try again.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Oct 01, 2018, 12:47:13 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 01, 2018, 11:59:58 AM
Warlock (1989)

I remember it being a teeth grinding source of frustration that Julian Sands and Michael Praed were not Lestat and Louis in the Interview with the Vampire movie.

Julian Sands would have been a great choice for Lestat

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

Not great, but has some good ideas in it. An interesting mess.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Hereditary

I read a few reviews that mentioned how disturbing this movie is to watch but god dang... it's very unsettling with a lot of intensely emotional scenes. That ending is also stuff that nightmares are made of. It's got me looking over my shoulder whenever I'm laying in bed now.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 02, 2018, 10:44:19 PM
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

Not great, but has some good ideas in it. An interesting mess.

A film i'd love to see the Directors Cut of

Quote from: PredBabe on Oct 03, 2018, 12:30:06 AM
Hereditary

I read a few reviews that mentioned how disturbing this movie is to watch but god dang... it's very unsettling with a lot of intensely emotional scenes. That ending is also stuff that nightmares are made of. It's got me looking over my shoulder whenever I'm laying in bed now.

It creeped me out as well

JohnWick28

JohnWick28

The Hurricane Heist for a just a fun before bed movie, wasn't bad for what it was but probably wouldn't watch again. and Big Legend because I love anything that has to do with bigfoot and bigfoot movies, patiently waiting for Primal Rage. Oh, and the Australian horror movie The Loved Ones, its amazing and also not the usual storyline, highly recommend it.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Strange Nature (2018)
Eco drama that plays out like a made for tv movie. Concept is more suitable for a creature/horror flick.

The Ewok Adventure (1984)
Speaking of tv movies... Didn't know this is one until now.
It has a certain charm but that's about it. Wouldn't mind a reboot of sorts.

Quote from: JohnWick28 on Oct 04, 2018, 01:11:19 AMand Big Legend because I love anything that has to do with bigfoot and bigfoot movies, patiently waiting for Primal Rage.

Have you seen Exists? Only decent bigfoot movie imo.
Primal Rage was doodie.

Russ

Russ

Battle: Los Angeles.  What a great ride this was; the characters were broad and familiar, but who cares about that stuff when you have a grunts-eye view of an alien invasion. Shaky cam can be annoying, but not in this instance, they were going for a documentary feel and for me, they nailed it.

I don't know why the movie got so much hate - it's only the second time I've watched it since it came out and I enjoyed it as much as I did first time round.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I thought that film was so forgettable I honestly struggle to remember anything about it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Venom
Its a bit all over the place and the script could have done with a few more drafts, but Hardy is great as Brock/Venom. It seemed a bit rushed as well, which probably wasnt helped by it being rushed into production

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed