Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,815 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Hateful 8 was good but I definitely think Django was a bit better. I love Christoph Waltz, he's a phenomenal actor.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pulp Fiction is still his best, but I'd put Django and Inglourious right under it, then Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown, then Hateful 8, then the Kill Bills. I've studiously avoided Death Proof for 11 years.

SM

SM

Death Proof.  Ye gods that movie...

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Aug 08, 2018, 12:27:57 AM
Death Proof.  Ye gods that movie...

Bad?

SM

SM

Awful.  Rodriguez took the 'grindhouse' aesthetic and made an entertaining film.  Tarantino took it too literally and made a crap movie.  It might've worked better in its original truncated double feature format, but the full length version - just, no.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

From what I've gathered, Tarantino was more or less spoofing himself by making a deliberately bad film. Yeah, that didn't work.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Deadpool 2 (Super Duper Edition)
Pacing wasn't as good as in part 1 but it wasn't much of a bother.
Overal almost as good the first one. Certainly looking forward to another part.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 07, 2018, 11:01:26 AM
Ive got to find that image now lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 08, 2018, 12:15:24 AMPulp Fiction is still his best, but I'd put Django and Inglourious right under it, then Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown, then Hateful 8, then the Kill Bills. I've studiously avoided Death Proof for 11 years.

My favourite Tarantino film has always been the one he didn't direct - True Romance.

I honestly find him kinda overrated. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not saying he's bad, but I haven't thought any of his recent movies have been the masterpieces a lot of people claim. Good, but not stellar, and often overly self-indulgent. They aren't a patch on his early work, which remains his best in my eyes.

The Old One

The Old One

I adore True Romance, Clarence and Alabama's romanticised relationship just ensnares me every time I watch it, nobody forget Gary Oldman either.

It's my most comfy film that turns me into a lovesick teenage girl all over again.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

And the sicillian scene, Christopher Walken is memorable as always. True Romance is one my favorite films too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, the Sicilian scene might be my single favourite scene from any movie, ever.

I just love how many big actors show up for only one scene. It feels like that somehow lets them focus all their talent into those few minutes, and give an absolutely stellar performance as a result.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Just re-watched The Shining, still creepy as hell.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 08, 2018, 03:56:55 AM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 07, 2018, 11:01:26 AM
Ive got to find that image now lol

That is perfect lol

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 07, 2018, 10:04:23 PM
He's not the obvious choice, but I'll always champion Kevin McKidd as MacLeod. Mainly so I can say that Connor MacLeod is a son of Hades and f**ks Concord in her arse. ;D

Never thought of Kevin McKidd

MudButt

MudButt

I watched Collateral last night.

Still a great movie. Wish Tom Cruise would do another role like this.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Someone's Watching Me!

It's a decent enough 70s TV movie, but I doubt it would have gotten a blu-ray release if Carpenter didn't direct and if Shout didn't have a huge chub for the guy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed