Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,698 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 09, 2018, 08:17:04 PM
They should ignore that god-awful one with Bruce Willis and remake it with Frank Grillo. He basically had his Punisher/Death Wish film with The Purge: Anarchy.

Joe Carnahan wanted to cast Grillo back when he was directing.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 09, 2018, 08:36:22 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jul 09, 2018, 08:17:04 PM
They should ignore that god-awful one with Bruce Willis and remake it with Frank Grillo. He basically had his Punisher/Death Wish film with The Purge: Anarchy.

Joe Carnahan wanted to cast Grillo back when he was directing.

Would have been much better. Grillo needs to be in more movies. I hope that remake of The Raid comes out soon and kicks ass.

Necronom IV

Necronom IV

Not a film per se, but if television-dramas are allowed, ''The Barchester Chronicles''.

A gentle piece of nineteenth-century ecclesiastical politics and  with the odd keen barb against the hypocrisy of the established denominations, an excellent cast, Donald Pleasence in one of his very rare ''good'' roles (the Revd. Septimus Harding), Angela Pleasence and Janet Maw as his daughters, Nigel Hawthorne as the apoplectic Archdeacon Grantly, Alan Rickman as the repulsive chaplain Obadiah Slope, Geraldine MacEwan as the overbearing Mrs. Proudie and Susan Hampshire as the soi-disant Signora Madeleine Vesey Neroni (real name Madeleine Stanhope!).

Charmingly old-fashioned, a glimpse at the world of those who cannot see beyond the veil into the macabre. Theirs is probably a more pleasant existence, they do not

Quote''struggle and shriek ere the daybreak, being driven to madness with fright''

My family, despite my aunt's love of the gothic, still resembled, and still does, to a great degree the quiet country middle-class round of afternoon church teas, bone-china, garden-parties and S.W.R.I. sales of work: it's an odd juxtaposition, when I am well enough to go out (not often) with my own Gigeriana. I literally have prints of Giger on the wall with doilies and silk flowers -- Mother is very understanding, although she thinks it morbid.

I would not be otherwise, for the knowledge and exploration of the subconscious and of myth and symbol that the sleepless nights and dark books bring is too precious and too fascinating for me, the more so as it is disturbing.

I am sorry for these little snippets, I am an odd and lonely chap and seem to be spilling out my life more than I meant to.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

My holiday in Venice made me want to watch some Venice-set movies; I was going to stick on Moonraker, but then I remembered I lent my Bond 50 set to a mate, so I went for this instead.

Been an age since I watched any of these. Still absolutely love the original trilogy. I don't think I'd ever call this a better movie than the first, but I think it might be my favourite of the three. I really enjoy the slightly more overt comedic tone. The scene where Indy finds out he got his dad's sloppy seconds is hilarious :laugh:

Also makes me laugh every time how the cross Indy recovers at the beginning of the movie is literally the only artifact he ever succeeds in bringing back to a museum :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"She talksh in her shleep." *cue epic double take*

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Dead Snow 2 (2014)
Only the second time I saw this and it's still great. One of the best horror-comedies of the last five years.
I highly recommend this one.

The Waterboy (1998)
One of the better Adam Sandler flicks.

Noctem (2017)
Spanish found footage. Not good, not bad either, just ok.

Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie (2004)
This was supposed to be another storyline in the Anchorman movie but it got cut. So the editing is a little messy at time but it's still fun to watch if you're a fan of the Anchorman movies.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dark Star

Not bad, considering it's a student film. That ending was hilarious.

Death Wish 4: The Crackdown

This was okay, but feels more than a little anemic coming after the third movie. It also ignores 3 in the bit where they recap Paul's history. I suppose that entire city block getting destroyed only made the local news. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Rodan.

Not as good as I remember it being. But something to watch.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 11, 2018, 10:31:17 PMDeath Wish 4: The Crackdown

This was okay, but feels more than a little anemic coming after the third movie. It also ignores 3 in the bit where they recap Paul's history. I suppose that entire city block getting destroyed only made the local news. :laugh:

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. It's a fun, dumb movie, but the third one being so much more fun and dumb hurts it.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 11, 2018, 10:31:17 PM

Death Wish 4: The Crackdown

When he kills the main bad guy  :D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Starman

Not bad. Bridges was great.

Huggs

Huggs

Finding Forester.

Haven't seen it since payperview back in the day. Not bad. Better than I remember.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Back to the Future Part II

Rather clever how they worked in all three time periods.

The Thing (1982)

It still gets me that one of the Things completely sells out another and gets it killed. :laugh:

In the Mouth of Madness

A few iffy calls here and there, but overall a very good film and the last really great one from Carpenter. Having Sam Neill in the lead helps immensely, of course.

Back to the Future Part III

A great ending to the trilogy.

Animal House

"You can take your thumb out of my ass any time, Carmine." :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
Liked it a lot more than the previous time I watched it. Guess it depends on the mood.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 14, 2018, 09:12:04 PM
The Thing (1982)

It still gets me that one of the Things completely sells out another and gets it killed. :laugh:

In the Mouth of Madness

A few iffy calls here and there, but overall a very good film and the last really great one from Carpenter. Having Sam Neill in the lead helps immensely, of course.

I have a fantasy of John Carpenter cranking out one last amazing movie starring both Kurt Russell and Sam Neill.

I know I'm repeating myself but by now it's a habit and I just gotta say it again:
Hail, John Carpenter. Hail, The Master!

Huggs

Huggs

Island in the Sky - John Wayne

Not his best movie, but something to watch. I give it 1.5 out of 5.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed