Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,051 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 10, 2018, 04:23:58 AMKingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut

"I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle!" Qui-Gon is bragging again. :laugh:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a film so drastically improved but it's director's/extended cut than that one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 11, 2018, 12:36:12 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 10, 2018, 04:23:58 AMKingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut

"I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle!" Qui-Gon is bragging again. :laugh:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a film so drastically improved but it's director's/extended cut than that one.

It is a lot better. Ridley lifting part of The 13th Warrior's score remains tacky as f**k. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Reading about the upcoming Jay And Silent Bob sequel/reboot got me in the mood a little.

Mallrats (1995)
Nice, fun comedy with a lot of familiar faces.

Clerks 2 (2006)
Another nice and fun comedy but with more dirty language I guess.
The Star Wars vs Lord Of The Rings debate is brilliant.

Also:
Rawhead Rex (1986)
First time I saw this. Besides the cheap effects this wasn't that bad.
Wouldn't mind a proper remake though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The House of Usher (1960)

It's always fun watching Vincent Price play a nut, and Roger Corman did a pretty good job directing the Poe movies. Shame this started a trend of these movies padding out five minutes with a pointless dream/hallucination scene, though.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 12, 2018, 12:01:11 AM
Rawhead Rex (1986)
First time I saw this. Besides the cheap effects this wasn't that bad.
Wouldn't mind a proper remake though.

It would be better if the monster didn't look like one of Jabba's pig guards. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

No One Lives
Holy Crap That was Intense. Luke Evans on fine form.

Impulse
Randomly came across this on Talking Pictures and really enjoyed it. Like an alternate version of The Crazies. Meg Tilly is brilliant. And didn't expect Bill Paxton at all lol

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Lol this one was so off the wall and that Black Comedy was brought to the fore. Its just brilliantly insane

The Europa Report
Brilliantly done Sci-Fi Found Footage.

Huggs

Huggs

Alien: Director's Cut. Blu-Ray

Noticed two things that somehow escaped me before.

1. The guy standing on the ladder Dallas looks up right after Lambert tells him it's coming right for him. Shoes, legs and all. Seems to be Dallas, waiting to descend into frame for a different angle on the kidnapping shot. He's moving around. Looks like he's just chilling out before they were supposed to start rolling,

2. After Parker is dead, and while Lambert is being killed, the subtitles Display "Parker Whimpering". Never noticed it before.

Watching Aliens now. Good god, all the tubing in the juggernaut crack. How mechanical. Prometheus wreckage perhaps?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 13, 2018, 04:27:10 AM
Watching Aliens now. Good god, all the tubing in the juggernaut crack. How mechanical. Prometheus wreckage perhaps?

Hahaha. Yes those tubes. Like they went to a local hardware store, grabbed some black tubing and just gaffer taped it on.

MudButt

MudButt

Cartel Land

Pretty brutal at times. Shows how bad things really are down there. Pretty solid documentary.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 11, 2018, 12:36:12 PM

Give the Director's Cut of Troy as shot. It's not AS improved as Kingdom, but it makes an average movie a very very good one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've seen it, and yes it is a big improvement. Just not so vast an improvement as Kingdom of Heaven :)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Dimly remember that the DC of Alexander greatly enhances the film too, but it's been a while so can't confirm. Seems to be a recurring theme with mid-2000s period blockbusters...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Arent there like 3 cuts of Alexander?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jurassic Park

And this is why you don't hire a deranged postal worker to program your computers.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 13, 2018, 10:38:11 PM
Jurassic Park

And this is why you don't hire a deranged postal worker to program your computers.

Spared no expense my fanny. Builds huge park full of man eating monstrosities, and hires one IT guy.

MudButt

MudButt

They blew the budget on jello and super high shorts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed