Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,228 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Edge of Tomorrow and American Sniper - back to back

Having not seen Edge of Tomorrow since 2015, I'd forgotten how good it was. Looking at the suits and the overall design of the movie, I'd love to see Doug Liman take on an Alien movie. More specifically, something like Aliens 86. The mixture of humor and drama was fantastic. The humor was never overly juvenile, and when it needed to get serious, it got downright serious and did it well. What a fun movie. I hear they're making headway with a sequel. Can't wait to see it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jun 03, 2018, 12:43:05 PMThe Revenant.
Brilliant film, Tom Hardy really does get lost in his characters.

I've still not seen that. I borrowed the DVD off my parents back when it came out, but I'm still debating whether I should read the book (which I also have) or see the film first.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Full Moon High (1981)
Ok teenage werewolf comedy with a bit of good dry humour.

Game Night (2018)
Had a few ok moments but overal too average for my taste.

Scorpio

Scorpio

X-Men (2000) - this is my favourite Marvel film, it's the most important as well (without its success there would be no MCU). 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I love the first X-Men, but X2, DoFP, and Logan all easily beat it for me.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Original is still best for me.

MudButt

MudButt

X2 is better than the first.

But DoFP and Logan are easily the best of the X-Franchise.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 04, 2018, 11:02:53 PM
X2 is better than the first.

But DoFP and Logan are easily the best of the X-Franchise.

First Class, DOFP, Logan- best super trilogy.

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 04, 2018, 09:59:53 PM
Original is still best for me.

It's aged really badly in places, Halle Berry brings down every scene she's in.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Flamingo Kid (1984)
Never saw this before. Pretty good summertime movie set in the 60's, with Matt Dillon, Hector Elizondo, Richard Crenna,...

Gringo (2018)
Starring Charlize Theron and other familiar faces.
This was so bland. It's described as action/comedy/crime. Sure it's a lot of illegal behaviour but not the interesting kind.
The comedy is absent and the action is minimal.
I'm still surprised movies like this one get made. See, I get that there are Transformers movies because there's an audience for those. But who like movies like this one? I'll be calling them blands from now one.
Anyway, don't waste your time on this one unless you just want someting playing the background.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I still think The Last Stand is by far the best X-Men film, and I'm not even trolling :laugh:

Watched The Descent last night. Had it recorded on my box for months, but the discussion about it on here recently finally got me off my ass and made me watch it.

It was decent, but to be honest, horror films don't scare me (Alien is genuinely the only one that's managed it) and a lot of the time I find if a horror film isn't scaring you, there's not much point. This one kinda fell into that camp, despite my wanting to love it on account of the director. Ironically, I thought by far the tensest moment in the film was before the monsters showed up (when the girl got stuck in the shaft; that was actually pretty heart-pounding). Once the creepers came out, it sagged into being a generic stalk-and-slash movie for me, albeit one with a novel setting.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 05, 2018, 08:30:34 AM
I still think The Last Stand is by far the best X-Men film, and I'm not even trolling :laugh:

That's probably the worst singular opinion I've ever seen on the X-Men franchise or any franchise, better than Logan or DOFP?

https://youtu.be/uQwjojvRNI4

Scorpio

Scorpio

I only saw the The Last Stand once but I don't remember it being that bad either. 

The Old One

The Old One

It's made by Brett Ratner and caused all the continuity problems, it also gets worse every time you rewatch it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's better than Origins, but several kicks to the nuts are better than that film.

The Old One

The Old One

Origins greatest crime, apart from destroying the intrigue between Stryker and Logan in X2, is how coma inducing it is. If you ignore TLS, Origins and Apocalypse, you'll find a series that suspiciously is now continuity nonsense free. (Aka these three entries are literally responsible for all the continuity errors.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed