Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,881 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The Last Jedi.
Spoiler
Pretty disappointed in how they handled a certain character, yeah he showed off some power but he got killed off rather quicky and easily, also it means we may never learn who he and where he came froml
[close]

Prez

Prez

The Titan

Hmmm. Interesting premise and the first 2 acts were intriguing enough and then spoilt by a rather cliched and very sloppy 3rd act.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rampage (2018)

This was no masterpiece by any means, but a good dose of dumb fun.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Bonnie and Clyde (1967)

This is a classic movie and still very fun to watch..  I like the true story that it is based on as well.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Den Of Thieves (2018)
Decent Heat-type movie. Not great but better than average.
Starring Gerard Butler, Ice Cube Junior and other familar faces.

Wildling (2018)
Average horror flick starring Brad Dourif and Liv Tyler.
Starts out alright but turns out dumb and predictable.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Downsizing
I enjoyed this more the second time. but my friend hated it. She moaned that there was no plot or proper storyline for her lol

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring

The annual viewing of one of my favorite movies of all time and (imo) the best of the trilogy. Please look back many pages ago for overall review.

Top 10 OAT

Prez

Prez

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 15, 2018, 12:31:17 PM
The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring

The annual viewing of one of my favorite movies of all time and (imo) the best of the trilogy. Please look back many pages ago for overall review.

Top 10 OAT

^ This. Yes FOTR is my fav of the trilogy too. Something more intimate about this film as it allows us to breathe and get to know the characters more deeply. The other two films are magnificent but their grande scale doesn't really allow for the more quieter moments of FOTR.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Yeah... Each of the trilogy has particular strengths, but Fellowship is the one that I'd consider a pretty much perfect movie. There's also something about the filming that looks better in that first movie, darker and more grounded.

Scorpio

Scorpio

TMNT (1990) and The Crow (1994).

Back in the early 90s, before comic book movies were mass produced corporate products.  I love these, I own the blu-rays.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 15, 2018, 02:04:44 PM
Yeah... Each of the trilogy has particular strengths, but Fellowship is the one that I'd consider a pretty much perfect movie. There's also something about the filming that looks better in that first movie, darker and more grounded.

More greener and real locations whereas Two Towers and Return of the King were more CGI assisted.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Apr 13, 2018, 10:39:54 AMCommando could possibly be the greatest movie of all time...  ;D

If you created a machine that turned flesh into celluloid, and then put Arnold Schwarzenegger into it, Commando is the movie that would come out the other end. It's not his "best" movie, but it's by far and away my favourite.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Transformers: The Last Knight
Watching this for the second time, it feels more like two movies mashed into one with all the backstory cut from it. I still wanna write a fan script mind, fixing the continuity again. It can be done lol

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Prez on Apr 13, 2018, 10:39:54 AM

Commando could possibly be the greatest movie of all time...  ;D

It is. Attached is a treatise written by the director himself as to why this is so.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 16, 2018, 10:53:36 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 13, 2018, 10:39:54 AMCommando could possibly be the greatest movie of all time...  ;D

If you created a machine that turned flesh into celluloid, and then put Arnold Schwarzenegger into it, Commando is the movie that would come out the other end. It's not his "best" movie, but it's by far and away my favourite.

So true.

I remember seeing this film as a teen back in the late 80s and thinking hey that's the chic from Who's the Boss... and that's Wes from Mad Max too!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed