Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,938 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 27, 2018, 01:12:57 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 27, 2018, 12:41:48 PMIts a shame we didn't get more scenes between him and Jurgen Prochnow or any with Max Von Sydow

The Stallone Judge Dredd is near the top of my "director's cuts I want but almost certainly will never get" list. I've no idea if anything between the villains got taken out, but it's well known it was cut to pieces by the studio before release.

Well Griffin's death was longer and more violent in the original R-Rated cut. There's the Clone attack and I think a lot of stuff was all from the R-Rated to make it PG13.

Prez

Prez

Mute
Hmmm. Odd film. Not sure if it wanted to be a sci-fi noir or a black comedy at times.
Paul Rudd steals the show as the rather intense and psychotic Cactus.

Duncan Jone's post credits tribute to his late father (the eternal Ziggy Stardust) and nanny is rather touching.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pitch Black

Can't leave... without saying goodnight.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Prez on Mar 28, 2018, 12:03:18 PM
Mute
Hmmm. Odd film. Not sure if it wanted to be a sci-fi noir or a black comedy at times.
Paul Rudd steals the show as the rather intense and psychotic Cactus.

Duncan Jone's post credits tribute to his late father (the eternal Ziggy Stardust) and nanny is rather touching.

The pedophile subplot was a huge WTF and uncomfortable to watch, i have no idea what they were thinking. Overall is not a good movie, wasted chance,  i was dissapointed.

Last Movie I Watched (love this thred btw): Kong: Skull Island.

Bad, even worse than the 2014 Godzilla but just as that movie, it is very nicely shot, loved the color palette but that is it, not much else to say, story, characters, dialogue and editing were bad. Forced humor. Effects were ok, i wish i would have seen it on theaters. Music was ok. Little nods to the 1933 movie which was nice. Overall is a totally brianless and uneven movie, but for a moment of entertainment is okay.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Assault on Precinct 13 (1974)

Can't argue with a confident man.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

"How did you come to be named Napoleon Wilson?"
"I'll tell you some time."
"When will you tell me?"
*horde breaks in*
"Maybe in a minute or two..."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"I was born out of time."

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think by far my favourite thing about the original - and one of the things they predictably changed for the remake - is that fact that Wilson goes back to f*cking prison at the end of it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I actually haven't seen the remake.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Don't bother.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Darkest Hour

Solid historical drama, held up by Gary Oldman's stunning performance.

Batman: Assault Arkham

Not bad, but I didn't need the ten minutes of random references to the Arkham games thrown in near the end.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Teen Titans:  The Judas Contract - actually think this is pretty good, can't wait for the Titans tv show as well.

One thing I did not like though is Kevin Smith cameo.

Huggs

Huggs

Blade Runner 2049. Not as good as the first, but not bad. Could've sworn I heard a couple of sound effects from the Alien movies during the autopsy scene. I think there may have been a short music cue similar to Aliens in that scene as well.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Borat

"My name is mind your own f**king business."

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 31, 2018, 03:32:17 AM
Borat

"My name is mind your own f**king business."

"Okay... It is 3 in the morning. I am in a nest of Jews. They have cleverly shifted their shapes. One of them has taken the form of a little old woman. You can barely see her horns."

I love those Sacha Baron Cohen's comedies.
Borat, Bruno, The Dictator and Brothers Grimsby. All laugh out loud funny.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed