Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,057 times)

Prez

Prez

Blade Runner 2049

Finally got to watch this again after being blown away by it in the cinemas. Just as brilliant as I remember it. My wife who isn't a geek like me really enjoyed it - wasn't phased at all by it's 3 hour runtime or slow pace (I think Ryan Gosling's good looks helped).

I'll stick by my original assessment of the film when I saw it by saying it is indeed the best film I've seen since The Dark Knight. BTW a quick note to say if you don't agree with me that's cool, it's called an opinion.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Mom & dad

What the hell was that lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 01, 2018, 01:52:42 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 01, 2018, 12:18:24 AM
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Both great films. always fun to watch to cheer yourself up

Iron Maiden? Excellent! :laugh:

Superman vs The Elite

I loved this. If you cut the one false note where the Elite randomly kill a dog for no reason in their first scene, it would be close to flawless. And not because I'm one of those whiners who can't handle fake dog death, but because it was cheap shorthand to make them look bad right off the bat.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Porky's (1981)
They don't make 'em like this anymore.
Probably the best sex comedy made. All unknown actors to me but they all do an excellent job.

Private Resort (1985)
Underrated eighties comedy starring a young Johnny Depp, Hector Elizondo, Andrew Dice Clay and the big boobed blonde woman from the Police Academy movies.

Dirty Grandpa (2016)
Not great but still better than average comedy.
DeNiro owns his role, Aubrey Plaza is kinda hot and Rafi from The League is his usual self. I love seeing him in roles like this.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

American Ninja
Only Cannon in the 80's could make this kind of thing lmao

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Void

There's a fair bit to like here, but the daytime TV level acting brings it down significantly.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Red Sparrow (2018)

Slow burning, suspenseful spy thriller. Solid plot and performance from Jennifer Lawrence. Cinematography and score was on point.

8/10

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Porky's Revenge (1985)
Still fun.

Les affamés (2017) aka Ravenous
Slow horror-drama. Guess it's good if you like this sort of stuff.
Bit like a long Walking Dead episode.

Scorpio

Scorpio

28 Weeks Later - during the outbreak scene, I was thinking of Aliens, actually.  The little boy hiding in the vents reminded me of Newt and what would happen during Hadley's Hope last stand.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 05, 2018, 04:35:01 AM
28 Weeks Later - during the outbreak scene, I was thinking of Aliens, actually.  The little boy hiding in the vents reminded me of Newt and what would happen during Hadley's Hope last stand.

Really liked this film.

Saw Alex Garland pretty much stated any hope of 28 Months Later ever getting made was very, very slim.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on Mar 05, 2018, 08:45:55 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 05, 2018, 04:35:01 AM

Really liked this film.

Saw Alex Garland pretty much stated any hope of 28 Months Later ever getting made was very, very slim.

Something to do with the Studios owning the rights and not wanting another one?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 05, 2018, 12:07:58 PM
Something to do with the Studios owning the rights and not wanting another one?

Yer I think that is actually the case. Also I think Garland now has bigger things on his plate.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (2012)

Why couldn't they have put this much effort into Year One?

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)
Meh...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Game Night
A lot better than I expected. It got more and more preposterous, but that made it more fun

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed