Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,024 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Inspired by Hicks trying it, I also gave Outland a re-watch last night (in one sitting :P). Still slightly bugs me how dumb the hitmen end up being, but an entertaining film and obviously of far greater interest to fans of Alien. I love the multi-level sleeping quarters set where the miners bunk up, it's absolutely fantastic. Oh and I completely forgot one of the hitmen was Hatchet Harry from Lock, Stock... :laugh:

If I ever get involved in an Alien movie in any way I'm definitely gonna push for a Con-Am reference in there somewhere :P

Scorpio

Scorpio

Count me as a fan of Outland, as well.

Dragon:  The Bruce Lee Story

Great movie IMO, although it takes liberties here and there.  And the Lee curse scene at the end is oddly prophetic, given Brandon Lee died the same year this came out.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Just watched Outland (damn you inspired a lot of us !), and i liked it, always loved Sean Connery and he was great in it ! I definitely agree on those Alien vibes, the soundtrack from Goldsmith share great similarities with the one he did in 1979, and it suited Outland very well.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Death Note (2017)

This a weird one for me. It's overall well made, looks beautiful, and has a great sense of style.The cast is pretty good, with Willem Dafoe and Margaret Qualley being the standouts, and the first two acts are fairly decent, albeit with some awkward editing and pacing that's typical of Adam Wingard's work.

But dear Christ, the third act is awful. Supposedly smart characters start acting like idiots and in ways that don't make sense for how they're developed, the sheer amount of plotting and counter plotting and counter counter plotting is ridiculous, and it all culminates with one of the most laughably awful, out of place music cues I've seen in a movie. Seriously, what the f**k...

redalert51

redalert51

BLADE 2 I would " Guillermo Del Toro   He would really do a nice take 'Alien Franchise..

Prez

Prez

Aussie indie sci-fi Science Fiction Volume 1 The Osiris Child.

Cool film and for an indie one well made, acted and the VFX are very good. A real throwback to some of the 80s era sci-fi.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hellboy (2004) - Director's Cut

Say it with me, "f**k the reboot!" :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 26, 2017, 05:11:55 PM
Hellboy (2004) - Director's Cut

Say it with me, "f**k the reboot!" :laugh:

Great film.
About the reboot - I hear ya but then again I'm all for it too - even as a big fan of Perlman as Big Ol Red, I'm also more keen to see a more Mignola-verse based film. The Hellboy films were great fun but they were more in Del Toro land than the comics I've read for the past decade.

Looking forward to see where they take this... that said shame Perlman isn't involved (but then again he's no spring chicken now). Really hoping this opens up more BPRD, Abe and even Lobster Johnson films too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Necronomicon: Book of the Dead

Well, that was pretty bad on the whole. The first story had some decent ideas and effects, and Bruce Payne gives probably the most invested performance in the whole thing, but it doesn't completely work. The second story is mostly boring, with the exception of David Warner who's always at least a little watchable. The third is just crap, with bad acting and a completely out of place pro life theme. The wraparound is silly and disposable, the only notable thing about it being Jeffrey Combs playing Lovecraft and looking like Bruce Campbell for some reason.  Much of it is written by the guy who did Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, which explains a lot. :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989)
Underworld Blood Wars (2016)
Batman:  Return of the Caped Crusaders (2016) (Animated)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Hitman's Bodyguard
I really enjoyed this. SLJ and RR bouncing off each other perfectly, although at times, it does feel like two films mashed together, because GO feels like he's in another movie completely.

American Made
Now if only a tiny bit of this movie is true. Goddamn. Tom Cruise does put in a great performance, although in places it just seems like an exaggerated version of himself

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

You know Franklin, maybe you should have paid the hitchhiker the two bucks he wanted, things might have gone better. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

T23D (the cinema re-release, not the Universal Studios attraction :laugh:)

Definitely a contender for both best action movie and best sequel of all time (although I'm not sure it would quite win either for me). Fantastic movie. Greatest film Arnie's ever made? It certainly uses him to the best of his potential.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

If only it were showing closer to me and not miles away down a clogged up, under construction freeway. And the whole hurricane thing probably doesn't help...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ah, you're in that neck of the woods? Stay safe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed