Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,065 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

The hills have eyes(1977) It was a great movie!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Legend (1985) - Director's Cut

I liked this well enough, but Tim Curry was definitely the highlight... even if he lost his effect a bit when he was running in slow motion with his horns bouncing. And I swear Cruise was trying to out creepy Curry with that Joker smile of his. :laugh:

Time Bandits

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Blood Simple

That was pretty suspenseful and intense.

windebieste

windebieste

Sharknado 5: Global Swarming.

A worldwide whirlwind of sharks and stupid.  Brilliant!

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finally got round to seeing Ghost in the Shell (the live action one) and I really enjoyed it. I have seen the original, but so long ago I can only remember bits of it. Not sure I get all the hate for this reinterpretation. Visually it was stunning, possibly even better than Valerian, and I liked the cast. Takeshi Kitano in particular was fun whenever he wasn't just sitting behind his desk.

windebieste

windebieste

That's the real problem now.  Movies that deserve more attention don't get the exposure they need simply because haters drive audiences away.  I'll provide you with a recent example of my own experience.

I saw the new 'Ghostbusters' movie and loved it.  I thought it was great!  Yet I almost didn't see it simply because of all the bad press that was generated by the loud mouth haters.  I've seen other movies, too, that were basically trashed by similar means and found those movies to be much more deserving of a positive response. 

Of course, I can't say that all movies that have been panned in this way deserve a better chance - some movies are just thoroughly bad.  'Terminator Genisys' for example was such a mixed up movie, it was bad; but other movies like 'ALIEN: Covenant' certainly deserve more positive attention than what they get; and the bandwagonning that results from such big mouth 'critics' is indicative of audiences weened on way too much popcorn and bubblegum main features. 

-Windebieste.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Dunkirk
Now I really enjoyed this. I went to see it with my dad. Great storytelling and visually brilliant. Possibly the best thing Harry Styles has done lol. The only thing that took me out of the film at times were certain editorial choices, for those who have seen it you may get what I mean

Spoiler
The whole backwards and forwards in time thing, Nolan could have done the whole thing linear and it was have been more tense in places
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Baby Driver

It was great ! Creativity and originality ! That's what i want to see in a movie ! I tend to forget that it's possible when i go see a movie, because there's less movies that offers this kind of stuff nowadays.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 14, 2017, 09:33:37 AM
Finally got round to seeing Ghost in the Shell (the live action one) and I really enjoyed it. I have seen the original, but so long ago I can only remember bits of it. Not sure I get all the hate for this reinterpretation. Visually it was stunning, possibly even better than Valerian, and I liked the cast. Takeshi Kitano in particular was fun whenever he wasn't just sitting behind his desk.

Now there's one more added to the list of about fifteen people who liked it. Including me. :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets

I liked it.  It isn't trying to be like Star Wars.  It isn't The Fifth Element remake, either.  It's its own thing.  Although the blue people reminded me of Avatar, not that that movie is the most original.  There are some similarities to Star Wars as well, but the source material pre-dates Star Wars.   The dance sequence by that pop star (forget her name), is my favourite scene in the film. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Grave of the Fireflies
Repo Man

Odd selections, I know.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I liked Repo Men. Clearly not perfect, but definitely enjoyable.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Mars Attacks!

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

I watched "Arrival" and "Sicario" back to back, Denis Villeneuve's movies make me excited for what's to come with "Blade Runner 2049".

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Moonrise Kingdom

"You call yourself a scout master, you son of a bitch?" :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed