Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,111 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Diner
The Wicker Man (1973) - The Final Cut

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Field Of Dreams (1989)

My personal favorite sports movie of all time. Simply magnificent.

Classic/10

Friday Night Lights (2004)

First time watch, much better than I anticipated. Crazy small town Texas high school football as a movie in a nutshell.

7/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jackie Brown
Great movie, tarred slightly by pretentious types who prattle on about how "mature" it is and how QT should just "grow up" and keep making it a million more times.

The Uninvited
Not bad, and has some well done atmosphere, but it's more of a melodrama with a ghost hanging around than a ghost movie. Ray Milland is always a welcome presence, though.

Papillon
A truly harrowing experience. Great film all around.

The Darjeeling Limited
Well, I suppose even the greats have their duds. This had its moments, but really didn't amount to a whole lot. It felt more like a string of semi-connected ideas than a movie.

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

Jurassic Park (1993)    5.5/10

I remember the hype when this was first released and I came out the cinema disappointed. Take Spielbergs classic Jaws, it had fantastic characters and memorable dialogue among other things, it's like the shark was secondary and it had to be really. That's not the case here, dino's come first, if you take away the dino action which isn't that much and the nice music it has little else to offer. Jeff Goldblum is alright but these characters are forgettable really. Also why would Sam Neill's character pretend to get electrocuted and start shouting his head off, wouldn't that attract unwanted attention...seems like a dumb thing for someone with his experince to do. The raptors at the end are really great but it's not enough, Jurassic Park isn't a bad film just very mediocre.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Wow. It's been a very long time since I've read anyone bashing Jurassic Park in a general forum.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Pray DoomRulz and Alien3 have some mercy upon this user. I will let them take care of it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Day of the Dead (1985)
I liked it more than I did on my first viewing.

Scorpio

Scorpio

The Fall of the Roman Empire (1964) - this is great, all that's missing is a gladiator fight in the Coliseum of Rome (we do get a gladiator style fight, though).  We do get a chariot race, epic battle scenes, impressive sets, great acting... Ridley Scott's Gladiator is a semi-remake of this. 10/10

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

Quote from: Vertigo on Aug 08, 2017, 10:51:40 PM
Wow. It's been a very long time since I've read anyone bashing Jurassic Park in a general forum.

You might not see it on a forum like this but lets not pretend that all the Critics loved it, it has a score of 68 on metacritic which is hardly spectacular. Those critics picked the same faults with the film as I did, a lack of substance.

Scorpio

Scorpio

There are people not old enough to appreciate what an event movie Jurassic Park was.  Groundbreaking in every sense of the word.

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

The only thing that was groundbreaking was the special effects. Jaws came out nearly two decades earlier and is a better film than JP in every other way.

I was "old enough to appreciate what an event" it was, I've already stated that I saw it at the cinema on it's release. The critics were also old enough because their reviews date back to 1993...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Stillmatic on Aug 09, 2017, 06:58:32 AMYou might not see it on a forum like this but lets not pretend that all the Critics loved it, it has a score of 68 on metacritic which is hardly spectacular.

Since when do critics have much to do with what is popular?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Guys, he is entitled to his opinion as regardless what critics think, we all have our tastes.

Welcome to the punch, saw it last night, not too bad actually.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Return of the Living Dead
Finally got around to seeing this, and it was awesome. Might give the sequels a look some time, too.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Could lose maybe 15% of the endless ski chases, but a good film nonetheless.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
Originally I wasn't that tempted with this, but I had a few hours to kill so I thought I'd go see it and I have to say I really enjoyed. Visually its absolutely stunning and while the story isn't the greatest and some of the dialogue is a bit meh, but Its an enjoyable film. Its definitely the film he wanted to make after The Fifth Element

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed