Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,074 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Believe it or not, but I did a rewatch of the almighty Jaws 4 ! And boy, that was unnecessary ! What was I thinking, I don't know, too much free time, lack of sleep... F**k me...

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Traditional Jurassic 4th, I mean July 4th viewings of:

Jurassic Park (1993)

I never tire of watching this film. Still waiting for the Uncut/Director's Cut version. Maybe one day...

Legend/10

Jurassic Park: The Lost World (1997)

Just as great as the original, Pete P.'s performance as Roland is one of my all time favorites, pure class acting.

10/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Legend of Hell House

An interesting haunted house movie, and mostly well done, but I overall liked the book better.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Life (2017) 6/10

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 05, 2017, 02:28:28 AM
Jurassic Park: The Lost World (1997)

Just as great as the original, Pete P.'s performance as Roland is one of my all time favorites, pure class acting.

10/10
Good to see some love for TLW. It gets way too much hate.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 05, 2017, 02:28:28 AMJurassic Park (1993)

I never tire of watching this film. Still waiting for the Uncut/Director's Cut version. Maybe one day...

Legend/10

Is there even much they could add in an extended version? I've never really read about any major cuts being made.

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 05, 2017, 02:28:28 AMJurassic Park: The Lost World (1997)

10/10

Yeah, I'm with Huntsman - The Lost World for me is one of those sequels that gets an unfair amount of hate just because it doesn't live up to the original. And yeah, Postlethwaite owns it. "No thank you! I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death..." One of my favourite movie exits of all time.

Plus, it at least still treats the dinosaurs like animals, unlike Jurassic World's super movie monsters :P

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

JP is the one movie where I just want to see everything that was filmed, regardless if it was significant to the story or not. Just take my money and give me the deleted scenes! :P

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 05, 2017, 07:59:38 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 05, 2017, 02:28:28 AMJurassic Park (1993)

Legend/10

Is there even much they could add in an extended version? I've never really read about any major cuts being made.

There's a long-standing belief that the cut shown in cinemas in 1993 had some additional footage that hasn't been used in subsequent releases. Ellie grabs a leaf from the Jeep just after they land on the island (it's what she's talking about when they see the Brachiosaurus), and there's another bit of extra footage where they resolve why the Triceratops is sick. I was only 7 at the time, so may be misremembering, but could have sworn I saw those in the cinema. The leaf grab was even used in the film's trailer.

It's not exactly stuff that turns a five-star film into a six-star, but like Fiorina says, it'd just be nice to have more Jurassic Park. The material definitely exists, the potential urban legend is whether it was in the original theatrical cut.

There's more about the cut stuff here, not sure how much of it was filmed though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Thanks, I'll give that a read.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 03, 2017, 05:21:57 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 03, 2017, 05:18:47 PM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 03, 2017, 03:20:24 PM
The Poughkeepsie Tapes

This was a genuinely disturbing film, and made great use of the found footage format. The only downside is that some of the talking heads are pretty bad actors. It's too bad you can't get this legitimately, for reasons that have never been explained. I lean towards the distributors being pussies, myself.

is it on Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLnQAlnzkU

Tried to watch it but it was too zoomed in for me. Sadly the only decent copy ive seen on Youtube has a commentary track by a youtuber over it lol

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 04, 2017, 07:57:18 PM
Believe it or not, but I did a rewatch of the almighty Jaws 4 ! And boy, that was unnecessary ! What was I thinking, I don't know, too much free time, lack of sleep... F**k me...

A friend of mine watched it recently too and his review is hilarious

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge
A great film and a return to form for the franchise. The best since the first one. Apart from one niggle I thoroughly enjoyed it

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

John Wick: Chapter 2

This was just as great the second time around. "Consider this a professional courtesy." 8)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Die Hard 2
How can the same S**t happen to the same guy Twice lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

This was pretty good, aside from one really clunky bit near the end. I'm also not sold on this getting four more sequels, but we'll see.

Prez

Prez

Wonder Woman

Really enjoyable film. Damn Gal Gadot is ugly though  ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

"I am one with the Force, the Force is with me."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed