Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,969 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Where Eagles Dare

Badass flick. 8)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The entire final 30 minutes of that film are just insane.

One of these days I really need to cut a music video of that film to the Iron Maiden song.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 18, 2017, 09:43:43 AM
The entire final 30 minutes of that film are just insane.

Yep, and it is all soooo awesome. And that's not even including the twist on a twist on a twist.

QuoteOne of these days I really need to cut a music video of that film to the Iron Maiden song.

To YouTube to look this song up...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 18, 2017, 09:43:43 AM

One of these days I really need to cut a music video of that film to the Iron Maiden song.

Do it. I want to see this now. Oh have you heard the Trooper/Beat It mash up? Its brilliant

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Was okay, not as good as the first one, but Vanessa Hudgens is fine

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold story of Cannon Films
What a Documentary. Its surprising they lasted so long, but what films they released. You could do a series of documentaries talking about the making of the films themselves lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mummy (2017)

Eh... I can see how this might have looked good paper, but the execution lets it all down. Apart from some memorable scenes, a few decent Cruise moments, and Sofia Boutella really trying with her character, there's not much to recommend here.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 18, 2017, 01:46:54 PMAnd that's not even including the twist on a twist on a twist.

:laugh: That scene is just so wonderful. Every time someone new walks into the room Burton completely changes his story around, and by the end of it all Eastwood looks like he doesn't even know which way is up.

"Second rate punk, huh?"
"All I could think of on the spur of the moment."
"Thanks, that even makes it worse."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 18, 2017, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 18, 2017, 01:46:54 PMAnd that's not even including the twist on a twist on a twist.

:laugh: That scene is just so wonderful. Every time someone new walks into the room Burton completely changes his story around, and by the end of it all Eastwood looks like he doesn't even know which way is up.

"Second rate punk, huh?"
"All I could think of on the spur of the moment."
"Thanks, that even makes it worse."

"Major, right now you got me about as confused as I ever hope to be."

Russ

Russ

I watched a French movie called "Ares" (its on Netflix in the UK). I can't tell you how impressed I was - its shot so beautifully.

Its set in a near-future France where the economy has collapsed and the mega-corps have bailed out the government. Laws have changed and people make money by allowing these big pharma companies to experiment on them. The biggest sport of the day is like an MMA where the pharmas have their fighters, each one pumped up on their brand of performance dope.

A sci-fi thriller with Blade Runner-ish visuals and a smattering of MMA violence (its not the main thing in the story at all), this quite a bleak movie ... it has a very grimy feel to it, everyone hustling to make the next rent cheque. See it if you can!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

A Walk Among the Tombstones
A good film, but could have been better

An American Werewolf in London
A Stone Cold Classic. The thought of the planned remake fills me with dread

Stung
I really enjoyed this and Lance Henriksen looks like he had fun

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 16, 2017, 05:20:22 AM

You need to give that another chance.  Excellent film.

I thought Corky just had mental problems but at one point you see the eyes on the dummy blink on their own, so I'm not sure what to think now. Plus at the end the womans voice changed...

I don't think my opinion of the film would change if I saw it again, for the reasons given. I knew he would be behind the curtain when he did the stabbing and that the guy in the water would wake up...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Payback: Straight Up

Not see the theatrical cut, but this was a cool, gritty, 70s styled crime thriller. "That's just mean!" :laugh:

Prez

Prez

The Thing (1982). If it wasn't for Alien then Carpenter's creepy take on Campbell's Who Goes there would be my number 1 all time favourite scifi horror film.

Morricone's opening score is still close to my all time favourite piece of music in a film - it's so bloody haunting.
The whole film has such a feeling of dread and foreboding that is unmatched in my book. The FX are legendary and the cast are superb.
It still is a very uncomfortable film to watch ... and I totally love it.

This film for me is Carpenter's best - Halloween, Big Trouble in Little China and Escape from New York the other 3 that follow close.

Makes me thing I would've loved to have seen Carpenter have a crack at an Alien film with Kurt Russell on board. Would've have a lot of synth in the soundtrack mind ;-)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Prez on Jun 24, 2017, 12:59:00 PM
The Thing (1982). If it wasn't for Alien then Carpenter's creepy take on Campbell's Who Goes there would be my number 1 all time favourite scifi horror film.

Morricone's opening score is still close to my all time favourite piece of music in a film - it's so bloody haunting.
The whole film has such a feeling of dread and foreboding that is unmatched in my book. The FX are legendary and the cast are superb.
It still is a very uncomfortable film to watch ... and I totally love it.

This film for me is Carpenter's best - Halloween, Big Trouble in Little China and Escape from New York the other 3 that follow close.

Makes me thing I would've loved to have seen Carpenter have a crack at an Alien film with Kurt Russell on board. Would've have a lot of synth in the soundtrack mind ;-)
Everything listed here 👍

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

The first one is decent, the other two, eh... Revenge is an unmitigated disaster, while Dark has some good ideas buried under a load of boring, drawn out nonsense. I'm mainly doing this because what I'm hearing about the new one has piqued my morbid curiosity, and I want the full canon fresh in my head before I see it. Hopefully my sanity can survive this experiment...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
I really enjoyed this, didn't really realise it was Michael Bay film until the final battle

The Mummy
This had some interesting parts but 90% of the characters were unlikeable. No wonder it didn't really do well

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed