Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,037 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Sep 16, 2016, 07:35:29 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 15, 2016, 11:45:22 PM
Chopper

Great film with a brilliant lead performance from Eric Bana.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

A stone cold masterpiece. 8)

Chopper is amazing. "Keithy's done himself a mischief!"

And Jesse James is a masterpiece!

The Warriors

Classic 8/10

"I didn't drive him to the hospital. What do I look like, f**kin' Mother Teresa?"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Oscar (1991)
An interesting screwball comedy starring Sly Stallone. Could have been better, but it was trying to ape the '30's style.

Lesbian Vampire Killers
Meh, its not that good. The only bits i actually like are the scenes with Paul McGann. He's just brilliant and him and James Corden bounce off each other very well. He's the only reason i watch it lol

VideoDrome
The first time i'd actually seen it all the way through, rather than sections here and there. Sadly the VHS parts date it, but goddamn what a great film

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 17, 2016, 01:02:16 AM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Sep 16, 2016, 07:35:29 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 15, 2016, 11:45:22 PM
Chopper

Great film with a brilliant lead performance from Eric Bana.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

A stone cold masterpiece. 8)

Chopper is amazing. "Keithy's done himself a mischief!"

And Jesse James is a masterpiece!

The Warriors

Classic 8/10

"I didn't drive him to the hospital. What do I look like, f**kin' Mother Teresa?"

"It defeats the purpose of having shot him in the bloody first place."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Blair Witch (2016)

Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed this.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ Could further your comment (spoiler free)? I am really on the fence about seeing it in theaters.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 18, 2016, 01:53:58 AM
^ Could further your comment (spoiler free)? I am really on the fence about seeing it in theaters.

There's a few too many fake out jump scares, with he characters randomly popping in from out of frame, but there are some damn good suspenseful moments, and some inventive stuff, as well some insane mind f**kery. It shows more than BWP did, but never fully explains anything. There's also a hell of a twist involving the stick figures.

Killing Them Softly

A mostly good film, with great performances all around. It feels like something is missing, though, and doesn't quite flow like it should. Brad Pitt's ending monologue is brilliant, though.

KillCrites

KillCrites

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Descent part 2
A good continuation of the first film, although not as good and sadly a couple of characters are really stupid, considering the skills they are meant to have lol

Triangle.
OMG what a mind F**k of a film. I need to get this on DVD just so i can watch it again. Melissa George is fantastic in this film.

The Infiltrator
What a fantastic slow paced suspenseful film. Well worth seeing and Bryan Cranston puts in a great performance and also who thought Benjamin Bratt could do serious lol

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Dont Breathe
Now i was really surprised by this. I remember people saying that the trailer spoilt the film, but watching it, it didnt. The trailer maybe showed bits from the first half of the film. There is some much more to this film and builds up tension tighter and tighter.
Also i had no idea Sam Raimi was involved in this till the end credits lmao

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ninth Configuration

Very difficult film to describe, but endlessly interesting and amusing. It's a film about the existence of good in the universe, where Jason Miller adapts Shakespeare to be played by dogs and Robert Loggia dances in blackface, all set in a castle cum mental institution.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Blair Witch (2016)
Holy s**t did this film terrify me. Its a great sequel, tells more without revealing too much. Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn. I'm glad I went to the toilet BEFORE I saw this lol

Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)
Such a beautifully made film, a brilliant story and I'm not ashamed to say I teared up at the end. It also should have just been called Kubo and the Strings. You'll understand when you watch it

Randomizer

Randomizer

Dead Space: Downfall (2008)

Interesting enough to offer a fun time. As much as I love the whole series' atmosphere it wasn't any more than decent.

8/10

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture.

If you're a fan of SNK's Fatal Fury and King of Fighter's series, then Masami Obari's anime movie would definitely be for you. If you grew up in the 90s, stayed up until.. 3:00 AM to watch this, and they only aired this anime at that time due to how much nudity and fan-service there is (what do you expect, Obari is just as girl crazy as Go Nagai), then you had to have seen this anime and remembered how awesome it was and still is.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Magnificent 7

Went in expecting it to be bad, came out pleasantly surprised, easily the most fun I've had with a movie this year. Really surprised how violent it was too, a lot bloodier than I thought it would be.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 22, 2016, 01:40:37 PM
Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)
Such a beautifully made film, a brilliant story and I'm not ashamed to say I teared up at the end. It also should have just been called Kubo and the Strings. You'll understand when you watch it

Nah, I think the "Two" in the title was necessary.

Spoiler
A the end of the film there are three strings on the shamisen, yes, but they are all represented in the title. Kubo is one of them, the other two being his mother and father.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed