Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,839 times)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Wonderful, beautiful, incredible, in every way that I had hoped.  I grinned through the entire movie, like I was nine years old again.  I enjoyed it that much, I hung about for half an hour to watch it a second time.

Star Wars is back!

10/10

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Christmas Eve night traditions:

Scrooged (1988) - 9/10

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989) - greatest Christmas themed movie ever/10

Randomizer

Randomizer

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Yea yea, a lot of people said it copied the original trilogy a lot, I'm gonna say it too. The prequels intended to do that too, but they also came up with new things, unlike TFA which seemed mostly to rely on already-existent things. It's like J.J Abrams was afraid of screwing it all up.

But that doesn't really mean it's a bad movie either.

Spoiler

Even though I was spoiled on Han Solo's death long before watching it myself, the scene itself was...depressing. I even read the whole transcript of that scene, and I still felt sad about it.

R.I.P Han Solo, at least you got a honorable death
[close]

Basically the original trilogy did things, the prequels took those things and repeated the formula (to some extent) on a bigger scale , while TFA took the original trilogy and did those things on an even BIGGER SCALE.

I'm not going to make comparisons between Ep. IV - V and VII, because things will be spoiled, but I just want to say the following statements (which are minor spoilers to some extent too):

• Captain Phasma (the silver stormtrooper, which was probably Tanaka from Halo 5 in disguise) should've had more screen time.
  • Kylo Ren shouldn't have taken off that mask, it broke the mystery. And don't deny me, Darth Vader didn't take his until Episode VI.

I'm not sure about the rating though...Is it the best SW movie? NO ! Is it a good SW movie? YES !

A good Star Wars movie/10

P.S:
Spoiler
I loved how Finn's armor was marked with the blood stain, to recognize him among thousands of similar-looking Stormtroopers. Like Chappie's orange antenna.  ;D
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Frost/Nixon

Topazora

Topazora

finally got around to seeing Interstellar

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 27, 2015, 05:34:25 PM
Frost/Nixon

Wonderfully edge of your seat movie.  Frank Langella and Michael Sheen steal the show, but the supporting cast, particularly Sam Rockwell and Kevin Bacon really lay the foundations.  10/10 for me

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)

"Anyone got a smoke?" 8)

From Beyond

This movie is just plain cool. More films need sassy Ken Foree as the one sane man.

Zombie (1979)

This is easily one of my favorite zombie movies. It takes the flesh eating Romero zombies and brings in the voodoo roots of the genre, making for an interesting combination of the two. And of course, the gore is spectacular.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Dec 27, 2015, 06:16:44 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 27, 2015, 05:34:25 PM
Frost/Nixon

Wonderfully edge of your seat movie.  Frank Langella and Michael Sheen steal the show, but the supporting cast, particularly Sam Rockwell and Kevin Bacon really lay the foundations.  10/10 for me

I agree completely. Its one of those films that grips you. Really wish I'd seen Sheen and Langella doing the stage play

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I'm still getting my head round the fact that Llangella was Skeletor in Masters of the Universe

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Dec 28, 2015, 05:16:19 PM
I'm still getting my head round the fact that Llangella was Skeletor in Masters of the Universe

And then you have to get round the fact that Michael Sheen was in Twilight. :laugh:

Lupin III: The Castle of Caglisotro

NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind

Working my way through the Miyazaki box set. Both are rather good, and I liked NausicaƤ better than I did the first time round. And Disney must have gone cheap when they paid for the dub rights on Lupin III, since they used the old dub that calls him Wolf the whole time. :laugh:

Castle in the Sky

Just an all around lovable movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

You Cant Kill Stephen King (2012). Pretty random comedy horror, but enjoyable

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Apocalypse now.The BEST Vietnam movie.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Dec 29, 2015, 07:42:09 PM
Full Metal Jacket would like  to have a word

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 29, 2015, 07:45:12 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Dec 29, 2015, 07:42:09 PM
Full Metal Jacket would like  to have a word
That was great i just love the drama in this movie(for this movie action was not all  that ,but still...)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Vegas Vacation (1997)

This was the first time I watched it (!!!) and was pleased. Even though John Hughes did not have his hand in it, there were many times were I found myself laughing! Not as well written as the previous three, but was satisfactory. When Clark said he lost
Spoiler
22,000$ :o
[close]
, it made me realize that I am glad I do not gamble anymore. Wayne Newton was great too!

7.5/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed