Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,511 times)

severen76

severen76

The Guest, again.

I can't get over how brilliant this film is!

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: severen76 on Feb 16, 2015, 11:43:34 PM
The Guest, again.

My favorite film of 2014. A gem no doubt.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Majestic

The first half or so definitely could have used some tidying up and less meandering, but once it finally took off, it was great. That speech at the end, mang.

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 16, 2015, 11:49:14 PM
Quote from: severen76 on Feb 16, 2015, 11:43:34 PM
The Guest, again.

My favorite film of 2014. A gem no doubt.

AVPG soooo couldn't handle my Guest set. 8)

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

"We are sexy!" "We are sexy bitches!" :laugh:

MudButt

MudButt

Kingsman: The Secret Service

wow, what a surprise. the first trailer had me skeptical but this movie was over the top, funny, badass, and just a fun ride. 10/10.

dat church scene
dat princess booty

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Videodrome

No, beta tapes are not meant to go there. :-X Loved it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

District 9

That... was fantastic. And then it got even better when a Metal Gear showed up for the finale. Dem body 'splosions. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I watched D9 last night as well. Hadn't seen it for a few years so decided I was due a rewatch. I still love that film. So gorgeous. And it's nice to see something with substance too.

MudButt

MudButt

It's a shame the studio had to get all on his ass for Elysium, which I didn't think was a terrible movie but you could tell it wasn't his complete vision for the film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Riddick

So Ra's al Ghul and Drax the Destroyer go hunting for Groot on a desolate alien planet... Seriously, though, this movie is awesome. And insanely quotable. "Why am I not liking this plan? Because it sucks ass and swallows!" :laugh: Please give me a Part 4 somewhere between F&F 7 and 10, Vin.

And aye, I'll be watching Elysium next...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Don't forget Starbuck.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Naked Starbuck. :-*

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Elysium

On the whole, it was... okay. There were far too many missed opportunities and undercooked elements for it to be as good as it could have been. That being said, Kruger was f**king awesome. Him and all of the badass shit in the last twenty or so minutes elevated the film a fair bit. I was disappointed with how quickly that last fight scene went by, though. Dat sword wasn't used nearly enough, either. ;)

Side note, what the f**k was going on with Jodie Foster's accent in this? Even Copley's South African throat gargling wasn't as weird as that. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Man on the Moon

Not sure exactly how I feel about the film as a whole, but Jim Carrey was fantastic.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Oldboy (2013)

Well, that was mediocre. There's two or three parts that are really well done, but the rest felt like a Cliffs Notes version of a script, and so many scenes were hurried through. Most of the performances are fine, but Sam Jackson phones it in (and really doesn't sell the torture scene), and Sharlto Copley felt like he was from a completely different movie. I'm curious as to what Spike Lee's original, longer cut was like, but this just wasn't very good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed