Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,282 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2015, 09:58:19 PM
The Guest

Can we just have Dan Stevens play badasses in everything now, please?

Dis.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 09, 2015, 10:57:10 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2015, 09:58:19 PM
The Guest

Can we just have Dan Stevens play badasses in everything now, please?

Dis.

Netflix Bullseye nao pls

First Blood

First Blood

Yes. Or Iron Fist.

Die his hair black, and he can be a young Frank Castle.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Big Sleep

First Blood

First Blood

nightmare sleep

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

But Better Call Saul is on in 22 minutes. :3

First Blood

First Blood

bob odencock

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Truman Show

Intersting, interesting. I wish had been just a tiny bit longer, though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Legend of Drunken Master

Aye, now that's more like it. It got a bit dull when it tried to be dramatic towards the middle, and had less plot than a Godzilla movie, but the fight scenes more than made up for that. That goes double for the twenty minute end fight scene. where Jackie falls on hot coals for real and f**king breathes fire.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nightcrawler

dfzjkdglcvdkvn :o

Vertigo

Vertigo

Jupiter Ascending
4/5

Utterly mad, mind-bogglingly visionary, spectacularly pretty - in many ways, it's Flash Gordon for the 21st century.

Some lines are so are-they-serious? ridiculous that I had to bury my face in my arms to prevent myself literally screaming with laughter in the cinema. It's the funniest film I've seen in years, and you're never entirely sure if it's intentional or not. And that's for the best - a lot of the humour comes from the performances being SO earnest in contrast to what's actually being said.

Aside from the sheer madness, the other big reason to see it is how jaw-droppingly gorgeous it all looks. It looks like it was made with a budget of infinity - with the exception of a couple of Earth-bound scenes, every shot has flawless CGI, a complex set or hilariously elaborate outfits. And it's not just the quality of the effects, it's also the visionary *rightness* of the designs. It's the most eye-popping production of the year by a long shot.

Jupiter Ascending won't be for everyone - during the first 15 minutes, I didn't "get it" at all and was considering walking out of the theatre, but ended up thoroughly enjoying it. It basically depends on how you feel about finding comedy in random weirdness.

By the end, my one sore point was the action sequences. Seems a strange thing for the directors of some of the finest fight scenes in cinema history, but all of them are a complete mess. No suspense, choppy editing, no pacing, anticlimactic resolutions. They're actually boring, in a film which otherwise - for certain tastes at least - is riveting.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

House (1977)

Whaaaaaaaaaaat.... :laugh: That was... interesting.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

ParaNorman - hugely underrated. Loved this film.

The Crazies (remake) - not bad.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

It's great revisiting this after so long. "Do I make you horny baby? Yeah!" :laugh:

Russ

Russ

The director's cut of Troy. I'd forgotten is awesomeness

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed