Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,339 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Well, half the movie actually follows the blue collar workers who observe the people in the cube. The cube from the original...

Spoiler
One of them rebels and tries to help the people inside, but he gets caught and lobotomized. The ending reveals that he ends up as the autistic man from the original.
[close]

I think.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That sounds kinda cool. I might have to put myself through the rest of them.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: severen76 on Jan 16, 2015, 09:00:53 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Jan 16, 2015, 02:57:18 AM
American Sniper

Very very good. Bradley Cooper delivered an outstanding performance. It is so sad. The circumstances surrounding his death. To come out of the fire, only to be taken by one of your own. :(

Did it really deserve the Oscar nom? I'll be watching it this weekend.

I hear it's really good, but not that good.

Probably not. Then again who decides what does and what doesn't. Regardless it is fantastic.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Boyhood

I liked it a lot. Whether it's something you're really interested in or you find the way it was made kind of gimmicky, it's something that I would say definitely has to be checked out. It's incredibly immersive.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 16, 2015, 02:26:05 PM
Quote from: severen76 on Jan 16, 2015, 09:00:53 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Jan 16, 2015, 02:57:18 AM
American Sniper

Very very good. Bradley Cooper delivered an outstanding performance. It is so sad. The circumstances surrounding his death. To come out of the fire, only to be taken by one of your own. :(

Did it really deserve the Oscar nom? I'll be watching it this weekend.

I hear it's really good, but not that good.

Probably not. Then again who decides what does and what doesn't. Regardless it is fantastic.

I think he deserves it, but there were just too many amazing leading performances this year for Cooper to really get that recognition needed for an Oscar Nom.

still mad that Oyelowo got snubbed for Selma.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Princess Mononoke

Shooting a dude's head off with a single f**king arrow/10

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Gunga Din (1939)

A black and white adventure which Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom draws a lot of inspiration from. In 19th century India, three British soldiers and a native waterbearer must stop a secret mass revival of the murderous Thuggee cult before it can rampage across the land.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My Neighbors the Yamadas

Ehhhhh... I suspect the humor really didn't translate here.

Spirited Away

Yep, this was a really a damn good movie, even if I'm not quite as in love with it as most everyone else is.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

American Sniper

Great movie, Cooper really becomes Kyle. The only thing that bugs me is how cliche the main antagonist is in the film, other than that it was great.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Cat Returns

Not bad, had some funny parts in it. The way it relates to Whisper of the Heart was amusingly meta.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 18, 2015, 06:38:41 AM
American Sniper

Great movie, Cooper really becomes Kyle. The only thing that bugs me is how cliche the main antagonist is in the film, other than that it was great.

The Butcher or Mustafa?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 18, 2015, 10:48:17 PM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 18, 2015, 06:38:41 AM
American Sniper

The Butcher or Mustafa?
Mustafa

MudButt

MudButt

Had myself an Oscar binge, here's a few tid bits of my thoughts about these movies.

Selma
Truly powerful and moving film, with a powerhouse performance from David Oyelowo, they don't lie when they say he has transformed into Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., because it's fact. Every time he was on the screen he owned the role. The rest of the cast did pretty good, I especially enjoyed Common and Carmen Ejogo. Really couldn't find any faults with this movie, I was moved. All kinds of emotions during the scenes where these people were being physically and verbally beaten by the racist citizens of the town. I could see myself buying this movie on Blu-Ray, I'm hoping for some great bonus material. 10/10 from me.

Whiplash
Holy crap. I had heard good things, great things actually, and wow, spot on. Not only did Miles Teller really step his game up and give a gripping lead performance, he had the terrifying J.K. Simmons on his ass owning this film with every word. Both characters were so interesting, I loved every scene in this movie, every line, I felt the anxiety of Tellers character because of Simmons bringing so much terror to that role. I found myself respecting Fletcher, out of fear, and admiring Andrew Neeman for his passion to be the greatest. That final scene, hell ever scene where Teller is banging those drums and Simmons is degrading him to less then nothing was heart-pounding. One of my favorite movies of all time, it truly is. 10/10. Simmons is taking that Oscar.

Birdman
Well, such an odd film. I wasn't sure what to expect when I first saw the trailer and after watching it I'm really not sure how I feel about it. Keaton, Norton, Galifanakis, and Stone all did wonderfully. The cinematography and script were all phenomenal, as was the direction of this entire film. I did laugh a bit, and I was a bit tripped out on certain scenes, it was a very original movie, very unique. I might have to watch it a couple of more times to really figure out how I feel about this movie, but I do realize why it received the critical reception it got. Keaton really came out of nowhere and gave an Oscar worthy performance. Good for him. As of now I'll give this movie a 7.5/10.

Foxcatcher
I had been very curious of this movie for a long time, Carell being the main point of my curiosity. The tone of this film is eerie and creepy, Carells transformation as Du Pont is incredible, his performance is career defining and changing. Ruffalo is wonderful as always, seriously everything I've ever seen him in he does great. If it wasn't for J.K. Simmons in Whiplash I think Ruffalo would've had a real shot at winning. Chaning Tatum may have shut the haters up about not being an actor, because he changed my opinion about him completely. All three of them shined in their roles throughout this movie, a Greek tragedy of sorts, a finely directed movie with amazing acting. 9/10.

Currently watching the Imitation Game.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

WHIPLASH 8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Guest

"What the f**k-"/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed