Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,868 times)

First Blood

First Blood

You would probably get a kick out of it. Check it out good sir.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Kull the Conqueror

Maybe Red Sonja's terrible-ness just desensitized me, but I found this to be a much easier sit than I anticipated. Oh, don't get me wrong, a lot of it is pretty bad, like a lot of the flat or outright terrible acting, or the overall cheapness of it all. That being said, Kevin Sorbo carries the whole movie on his shoulders, and manages to make it slightly watchable. And I gotta admit, seeing Dr. Whatshisface from Total Recall slathered in makeup and wearing a mesh Nefertiti hat was goddamn hilarious.

tavianini19

tavianini19

Interstellar

I'm not going to give this a score because films that affect me in such a way as this one did, they don't really fall into the category of scoreable. I just suggest everyone see it.

SM

SM

Silent Running - A bit slower than I remember, or maybe I was just tired.  Some of the effects look a little dated; Trumbull was still on the then familiar 'clean white spaceship' look, which contrasted with the more progressive 'lived in' interiors.  I think it's main problems are certain story points:

- Why would such an important project be wound up?
- Why the need to nuke the domes?
- Why are they out near Saturn?
- It was immediately obvious that the forest was dying from lack of sunlight - but it took Lowell, a supposed expert, ages to work it out.  And the difference  in the amount of sunlight just either side of Saturn's orbit isn't going to make much difference.

The whole thing could've been avoided by detaching the domes and putting them on permanent orbits around the sun to be tended by programmed drones.

But Dern is good value.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Fly (1986)

This was fantastic. ;D

Have you ever heard of insect politics? Neither have I./10

First Blood

First Blood

The Terminator (1984)

Sheer perfection. Thirty years after its release, there's nothing else quite like it.

You're terminated f**ker/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

As much as I love Judgement Day, I'll always prefer the first one. One of my favorite movies.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 06, 2014, 04:03:49 AM
As much as I love Judgement Day, I'll always prefer the first one. One of my favorite movies.

Indeed. When I was younger I loved Judgement Day. Like, adored it. But as I got older I came to appreciate the original so much more and now prefer it over Judgement Day which is still in respect, amazing.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I actually saw Judgement Day first. My dad introduced it to me a while back on TV. I don't think I even watched any of the others until just before Salvation came out.

The Blu-ray transfer of the original is supposed to be incredible, isn't it? It's been sitting on my shelf for a while, but I had just watched the DVD version a couple days before I bought it so I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I love the first two movies, it's hard picking which one is "better" but I certainly have much appreciation for the first one at the moment.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 06, 2014, 04:07:42 AM
The Blu-ray transfer of the original is supposed to be incredible, isn't it? It's been sitting on my shelf for a while, but I had just watched the DVD version a couple days before I bought it so I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Oh yeah. The remastered picture is beautiful. It's as if the movie was filmed yesterday. I wonder if Genisys is going to use scenes from the remastered Blu-ray to match the picture quality. Interesting.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Solomon Kane

Finally, after cheesy schlock and utter crap, I come to the second and last actually good Howard adaptation. It's got its flaws, but it's a more than solid sword and sorcery flick on the whole. Now give me my Africa set sequel, damn it.

MudButt

MudButt

Nightcrawler

9/10.

Insanely good movie. Jeeze, Jake Gylenhall better get an Oscar nomination for this one. Well, awards aside, this was a great piece of work. The direction was great, script was great, those shots of LA were awesome, and the acting was top notch. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. That guy was a creep.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 06, 2014, 12:49:21 AM
The Fly (1986)

This was fantastic. ;D

Have you ever heard of insect politics? Neither have I./10

I've never ever seen it. How does it hold up now-a-days?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Very, very effective. I watched it in a class... There was quite a bit of laugher, but it was more a nervous laughter and laughing out of enjoyment than it was laughing at it being dated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed