Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,597 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Druk - 2020

I love Mads Mikkelsen movies. :)🙏

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Sputnik - 2020

Soviet Union astronauts, a military installation and a nice creature design. I really liked how the movie handled the alien parasite trope. 8)

Bird Box ~ Barcelona

In the movie one of the characters comes with an interesting hypothesis about the nature of the beings.

I'm glad they didn't ruin the mystery of the entities' appearance though, something that almost happened in the original film. :laugh: 

The 8th Night - 2021

Korean horror story. Not bad ;D👍

Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey

I didn't get bored watching this. I'm glad I didn't see it in the theater though. :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Unforgiven

I've mentioned a few times how I don't generally dig westerns, but this is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I didn't intend to stay up and watch it on TV the other night but before I knew what was going on it was midnight and the credits were rolling. Deserve's got nuthin' to do with it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Shawshank Redemption

Krull

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2023, 01:48:07 PMUnforgiven

I've mentioned a few times how I don't generally dig westerns, but this is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I didn't intend to stay up and watch it on TV the other night but before I knew what was going on it was midnight and the credits were rolling. Deserve's got nuthin' to do with it.

I like how it's a realistic look at gunfights too. No fastest draw in the west style heroics ... great film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2023, 01:48:07 PMUnforgiven

I could write multiple essays about that movie, it's that good.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Sep 15, 2023, 02:03:03 AMI like how it's a realistic look at gunfights too. No fastest draw in the west style heroics ... great film.
You've touched on why I think I typically dislike westerns - they're often this romanticised vision of the Wild West that I just can't be getting on with. Unforgiven, on the other hand, shows it how it probably was - awful, hard, unforgiving and full of violent arseholes. As a film it basically turns all the usual clichéd tropes on their head.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

A Haunting in Venice

This was a ton of fun, and made good use of Dolby Atmos.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 15, 2023, 06:58:55 AM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 15, 2023, 02:03:03 AMI like how it's a realistic look at gunfights too. No fastest draw in the west style heroics ... great film.
You've touched on why I think I typically dislike westerns - they're often this romanticised vision of the Wild West that I just can't be getting on with. Unforgiven, on the other hand, shows it how it probably was - awful, hard, unforgiving and full of violent arseholes. As a film it basically turns all the usual clichéd tropes on their head.

Summed up perfectly. Gunslingers idolised who are in turn actually cowards, drunkards and not so black and white good vs bad either.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

10 Cloverfield Lane

"I'm keeping that point."  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Scanners

"I'm gonna suck your brain dry."

Stitch

Stitch

Scream 6

Not bad. Not as good as the last one, though, in my opinion.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Get Him to the Greek
Yeah.....i watched this like 2 days before the whole Dispatches documentary came out.  :o  :o

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Shootfighter: Fight to the Death

Shootfighter 2

Mallrats

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Expend4bles

One of the lamest, shittiest action movies I've seen in a while. How do you have Iko Uwais and Tony Jaa in the same movie and not have them fight each other? How do you f**k that up?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No One Will Save You

I watched this on a whim expecting trash, but it turned out to be a genuinely great and quite unique take on the Alien Abduction genre.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed