Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,047 times)

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Hellraiser (2022)

Wow. Actually pretty good. A few flaws. A little long perhaps, but that's such a novelty for a horror film, and the standard of the film-making was very high, so I couldn't help give it a pass on it.

Odessa A'zion's performance was excellent. She felt like such an ordinary, flawed human being with problems of her own making rather than a super-model-in-a-horror-film.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Actually a fair amount: Terminator: Dark Fate.

The third best Terminator film by a country mile honestly, what they do with the characters of Sarah Connor and the T-101 smashes every other sequel into junk by comparison, being written by the writer of TSCC shows.

People are just incorrect in their assessment sometimes then huh? The restraint of the score and the callbacks means that when they do hit, they hit f**king hard, and what an opening and ending.

Spoiler
For John.
[close]

Perfect send-off.

@Nightmare Asylum

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Donnie Brasco

Not the best mob movie out there, but a good one.

A Futile and Stupid Gesture

Decent enough for a direct-to-Netflix biopic, but could have been better.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 08, 2022, 11:34:49 PMActually a fair amount: Terminator: Dark Fate.

The third best Terminator film by a country mile honestly, what they do with the characters of Sarah Connor and the T-101 smashes every other sequel into junk by comparison, being written by the writer of TSCC shows.

People are just incorrect in their assessment sometimes then huh? The restraint of the score and the callbacks means that when they do hit, they hit f**king hard, and what an opening and ending.

Spoiler
For John.
[close]

Perfect send-off.

@Nightmare Asylum

All of post-T2 sequels are just varying degrees of underwhelming

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

This one's directed by a real director though, and had James Cameron's direct involvement, I would rank TSCC's first Season above Dark Fate as some of the best TV I have ever watched but Dark Fate's my preference because it actually ends... unlike TSCC which just stops sadly. 

Kradan

Kradan

I was excited about Cameron's involvement but ultimately even that didn't save the movie from being "meh" for me

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Tremors.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Girl, Interrupted (1999).

I never got around to seeing this theatrical. Not a bad film. Genre wise I thought the novel I Never Promised You a Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg (writing as Hannah Green) was a better look at mental illness and psychiatric institutions. Still, a well done and interesting film.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: NecronomIV on Oct 10, 2022, 05:18:55 AMGirl, Interrupted

Oooooh, so that's where Gorilla, Interrupted comes from ...

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022)

Not a bad film.  Had me laughing in parts and I was entertained  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Manhunter

"Just you and me now, sport... I'm gonna find you, God dammit."

How the hell was William Petersen not a bigger star? Between this and To Live and Die in L.A., he's turned in two of the greatest thriller performances I've ever seen.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 11, 2022, 11:42:26 AMManhunter

"Just you and me now, sport... I'm gonna find you, God dammit."

How the hell was William Petersen not a bigger star? Between this and To Live and Die in L.A., he's turned in two of the greatest thriller performances I've ever seen.

Great film. On my list to rewatch soon. Michael Mann makes fantastic looking & sounding films.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers

Motel Hell

The Runestone

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Robin Hood (2010)

Wasn't "start with the homely one on the left" the basis of Nash's theory in A Beautiful Mind? :laugh: God, I have no idea what Russell and Ridley were thinking with this. Should have just made Nottingham.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Crazy Rich Asians- I adore this movie. Michelle Yeoh has become one of my favorite actresses.

The Black Phone- I really enjoyed this movie's style. Pretty creepy at times but it did feel like it was lacking a bit in the story development. Loved Ethan Hawke as per usual though. Will definitely give it another watch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed