Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,028 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Midsommar

"Put your disgusting dick away!"  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Barbarian

This was crazy.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Any good?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Very good, I'd say.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Barbarian (2022, Zach Cregger)

Hahahahaha oh man. I went into this thing 100% blind – I hadn't read a synopsis, I never saw a trailer, I wouldn't have even known who was in it if I didn't happen to catch the names on the poster. Barbarian wasn't on my radar at all... until a bunch of strangers on the internet started touting it as this year's Malignant, and saying to go and see it immediately before it gets spoiled.

And now here I am, another stranger on the internet, saying to go and see Barbarian as soon as you can and go in knowing as little as you can. This one's a ride.

Prez

Prez

Night Shift had it's moments but a half baked 'Blade' wannabe.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Over the weekend I caught Creature from the Black Lagoon on the big screen AND in RealD 3D no less! Gillman has always been my favorite of the classic Universal Monsters, and I'm pleasantly surprised how well the film holds up! And even more surprised how good the 3D was! I'm not a big 3D guy, but the 3D just worked so well for a lot of the underwaters scenes (which are amazing for their time btw). Appreciated a lot of the kinda precursor elements to films like Alien and Jaws. Still love the Gillman's design and practical effects too! Awesome and classic film.

Also went and saw Barbarian last night, and was also pretty pleasantly surprised by that! It's a really solid and well structured horror film, with a healthy amount of tongue-in-cheek-ness. Definitely understand the comparisons to Malignant. Was also surprised to find out that it was directed by one of the members of the sketch comedy group Whitest Kids U'Know, who I love and grew up on! You might remember him as the guy who played Lincoln in the infamous Abe Lincoln sketch lol. Interesting to see a pattern of comedy people having a knack for horror.

Anyway, this one is definitely worth checking out! And I agree with @Nightmare Asylum about going in blind for sure!

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 12, 2022, 02:30:13 PMOver the weekend I caught Creature from the Black Lagoon on the big screen AND in RealD 3D no less! Gillman has always been my favorite of the classic Universal Monsters, and I'm pleasantly surprised how well the film holds up! And even more surprised how good the 3D was! I'm not a big 3D guy, but the 3D just worked so well for a lot of the underwaters scenes (which are amazing for their time btw). Appreciated a lot of the kinda precursor elements to films like Alien and Jaws. Still love the Gillman's design and practical effects too! Awesome and classic film.

That sounds awesome! Glad you had a good time. Never watched any Gill-Man/Gill-Monster/Fish-Monster monster movies. Gillman sounds like the best most fitting name too. I'm not super well-versed in classic Universal Monster movies or monsters.

Star Wars -VHS (A New Hope film, but the case doesnt have that title)
The Matrix -VHS
The Matrix Reloaded -VHS
LoTR: The Return of The King -DVD (I think this DVD is merely Theatrical Cut edition)

Thats what I watched in full, I am in a bad habit of starting movies (especially on streaming) and getting distracted, not finishing them. So those ones obviously aren't worth putting here (bandwidth waste), only films watched in full are worth putting here.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Creature From The Black Lagoon rocks. Definitely give that first one a watch.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Revenge of the Creature is a pretty decent sequel, too. Walks Among Us kind of blows outside of the kind of ballsy ending, though.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 12, 2022, 03:09:48 PMRevenge of the Creature is a pretty decent sequel, too. Walks Among Us kind of blows outside of the kind of ballsy ending, though.

Planning on checking out Revenge of the Creature sometime soon! Along with the other classic Universal Monster films.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Black Widow

Finally an actual movie in phase four! Sadly I struggled with this way more than any other MCU movie to date. The attempts at humour were uniformly unfunny, the editing in the action scenes was frequently incomprehensible, Ray Winstone's accent was awful, some of the CGI was absolutely shocking and what the hell was up with that ending? One moment Romanov is being apprehended by the US government (who conveniently appear out of nowhere in the middle of Russia) and the next she's suddenly free again with zero explanation and heading off to bust her Civil War co-conspirators out of the Raft. Did an entire reel fall off the back of a lorry somewhere?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan Directors Cut

Paul

The Rock

Return of the Living Dead

Machete

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

El Camino: A Star Wars Story Breaking Bad Movie

Good epilogue.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Thor: Love and Thunder

So fam put it on and despite me being deep in the Marvel fatigue I decided to give it a shot since I usually like Thor.

Spoiler
I walked out at the screaming goats.

It may seem petty, perhaps I really am that deep in the Marvel fatigue, or maybe this movie dropped the ball, or both.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed