Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 98,332 times)

SM

SM

It was just silly.

Wysps

Wysps

Yeah, it was thrown in so haphazardly. An important character, and that's how he's offed! It's definitely a blink and you miss moment.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

It was a stupid moment.

Would have made more sense that he gets overconfident with the blaster, steps out to face the Pred one on one and gets gutted

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Dingbat on Aug 30, 2019, 04:31:13 PM
Traegers death was really confusing, I remember in the cinema I didn't understand at all, I thought he was still alive for a while as I tried to wrap my brain around what actually happened. It just seemed so silly, how could he die like that? was olivia Munns' caracter trying to distract him intentionally so he would shoot himself?

I hear ya. I totally missed what happened to Traeger in the theater. I knew he was dead, but the how... it just went so fast, I wasn't certain.

Later finding out how sure didn't make things better. For such a cool character, Black & Dekker should have done him a solid in the reshoots, like Agent Keyes. Just give Traeger a glorious death by the hands of the Predator.

Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2019, 09:00:28 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 09, 2019, 09:14:21 PM
It didn't bomb. It made $160 Million worldwide theatrically on an $88 Million Budget. It just didn't do great.
"Didn't do great" still feels overly generous. Not even doubling your production costs is usually seen as a financial failure. They likely lost money factoring marketing.

Maybe. I kind of meant it like the answer to a question like "How are you feeling?". - Not so great. As in not good or I think I'm going to be sick.

But forget doubling, not even trippling your budget is a success anymore depending how much of your box-office gross came from China where studios only receive 22-25 cents on every dollar sold. I'm certain The Predator was in the red at the end of its theatrically run. It, like Alien Covenant did not do well, but fortunately neither were a bomb.

razeak

razeak

My 11 year old son and 12 year old nephew thought it was stupid. So add to more to the stupid pile lol.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

It seems at this point even critics don't particular like it either, its now at 32% on the rotten tomato meter. I could have sworn it was around 60% when the film first came out.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 24, 2019, 09:50:46 AM
It seems at this point even critics don't particular like it either, its now at 32% on the rotten tomato meter. I could have sworn it was around 60% when the film first came out.

After a few early reviews maybe? But no, once the reviews went wide before release the critical consensus was always a Rotten Tomato.

Huggs

Huggs

It sucked then, it sucks now, and it will suck forever.

Samhain13

Samhain13

It sucked even before its release. We knew it would long before the movie came out.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I was mindlessly entertained by it at first viewing in the theater. But boy has my view towards it crumbled appart with repeat viewings.

I still like Sterling K. Brown as Traeger though! And the Fugitive Predator lab escape is still decent. But that's all I got.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What irritates me most about the film (and is a large part of why I just hate it) is there's a lot of different little aspects in the film that deserved more. More focus, more clarity.

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

They really could have used more scenes with the Assassin predator tracking Fugitive, show where Fugitive went after hitching a ride...maybe a bad ass first aid scene.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Finally got round to watching it, it sucked...

Other than McKenna and possibly Williams, I didn't give a shit about any of the characters and wasn't even remotely bothered when they were killed off.

The CGI was SyFy Channel level at times.

The action scenes were instantly forgettable, including the utterly anticlimactic final showdown.

Whoever came up with the "friendly Predator dog" idea probably shouldn't be allowed to work in the business anymore.

How many callbacks to lines from previous films do we really need? Thought I was watching a parody at times.

The "Predator Killer" scene at the end? Garbage.

Honestly, I'm struggling to remember another film which had less of an impact on me than this one...

Master

Master

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 01, 2019, 10:35:04 PM
It sucked even before its release. We knew it would long before the movie came out.

True and we were vocal about it. They should  have listened.

The Old One

The Old One

I never read the script, so I didn't know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed