Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 98,334 times)

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Stargazer knew where fugitive crashed but not where the ship crashed? :P

BoltThrower

BoltThrower

I made an account just to write this review.

I've never been so let down by a movie that I already had low expectations for. It's almost kinda impressive. I'll break it down by acts. First: Not bad at all, was actually really enjoying the initial set-up. Second: Overwhelmed by the pace and tonal mess. Third/Finale scenes: Sub AVP requiem level awfulness. The humor has it's moments, but everything from pacing, to action, to story is just so depressingly mishandled. You can really feel the studio's touch all over this mess. Viewing it as just another movie, and not part of one of my favorite franchises, really puts it into perspective for me. It's just a really bad film.

To make things worse, based on the Fox merger, this is also likely the last Alien/Predator film we will ever see. 

1/5

brain_damage

brain_damage

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 21, 2018, 12:28:18 PM
Good to be back?
How can you be happy with this low quality?
I did not log in in a while...a while being 8 years.
De gustibus- as Johnny H said.
I am more happy than I would be if I anticipated anything better than the first movie. It's just statistics- can sequels ever be more original and better than...well...the original? Can they not let you down unless they wear out the same story over and over, with slight changes, like HuDaFak said? Do you think the first movie has bad CGI? I think it does. But for it's time it was cutting edge. For todays' standards it's not. Still makes a great movie, right? See what I mean?
Now, I like the changes, the plot line, as shallow as it may be, and I came prepared- different director, different outcome. Every. Single. Time. So I was watching the movie like a rookie, and liked it. Wouldn't give it a high score, but I didn't exit with a frown- I did with a smile. Good trash humor introduced, new sketchy characters, new tech, new possibility of universe merge, hopefully more way more thought of and fun than Marvel.

Part from the execution at the end. They've shot it with everything and it gets killed by a 9 mm? Naaah, it'd be better if he stabbed it to death.

Oooh, and what happened to the doggo? Anyone spot it? I must have missed it.

Nice to see the same avatar, Jonny H!

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: brain_damage on Sep 22, 2018, 08:32:48 AM
Good to be back?

The dog is sat on the ledge behind Casey at the end... I think?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Unless you mean the actual dog instead.   In which case, the last time it's seen is when it's running towards the kid.

brain_damage

brain_damage

Naah, the space doggo. Guess I missed him!

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Not completely your fault, the editing was atrocious.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: goose_3387 on Sep 22, 2018, 08:49:33 AM
Quote from: brain_damage on Sep 22, 2018, 08:32:48 AM
Good to be back?

The dog is sat on the ledge behind Casey at the end... I think?

Yeah, that's right. He's on the ledge right at the end.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Original predator had a lot of practical, and in fact it has aged well.
You can do amazing sequels, aliens, terminator 2... Predator has a huge expanded universe, with plots 29900 times better.
And the predator cgi is bad, for today standars and for 2009 standars,  its cheap, fast, bad...
So no, im not happy, it was a great opportunity, nice budget, that ended  in this mess..
Im sad, shane black knows nothing about the predator...

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 22, 2018, 12:34:14 PM
You can do amazing sequels, aliens, terminator 2... Predator has a huge expanded universe, with plots 29900 times better.
And the predator cgi is bad, for today standars and for 2009 standars,  its cheap, fast, bad...
So no, im not happy, it was a great opportunity, nice budget, that ended  in this mess..

Obviously you know better than him, roarrr pew pew  :laugh:

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 22, 2018, 01:18:32 PM

It's amazing that Black had four years, a bigger budget than Predators and still managed to miss the mark when it comes to ticking all the boxes what this franchise started out as and he seemingly was more interested in making his own film.

He has every right to, but I'm not surprised how it is received by fans. Ever since the first rumors of the plot, this was my expectation. Nothing in the film comes as a full on surprise.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skull-splitter on Sep 22, 2018, 02:48:51 PM

It's amazing that Black had four years, a bigger budget than Predators and still managed to miss the mark when it comes to ticking all the boxes what this franchise started out as and he seemingly was more interested in making his own film.

He has every right to, but I'm not surprised how it is received by fans. Ever since the first rumors of the plot, this was my expectation. Nothing in the film comes as a full on surprise.

You're right, but i said it almost from the get go : it will be a Shane Black movie, not really a predator movie, with all good and bad aspects that come with that.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Im more into the honor of the hunt, ambushing, smart and agile hunters... Predator stuff not hulk..

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Gave it a second chance today, but nothing changed. It has like zero rewatch value, unfortunately.
No need to repeat myself anyhow, especially that opinion that is not praising is pretty much not welcome here.

But I'm a bit sad about stargazer project, I could pay much more attention to them now. They seemed like a bunch of amateurs, though in the prequel novel, which was really good for the most of it, they seemed pretty badass (even with their budget cut) In Hunters II like a half sentence from Yara is enough to keep the mind occupied.

How come here are just like goons with guns. I hope in other media they will live up to their potential.

The Old One

The Old One

All opinions are welcome, to a degree.

It's just not interesting hearing someone repeat ad-nauseam for instance that the Upgrade isn't a traditional Predator.
When it was always known he wasn't intended to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed