Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 98,329 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Can i not pretend i just didn't see the ending? Holy cow its even worst than i feared. Whos idea was this? What drugs were they smoking? Anyone saying fox did this , because im pointing the finger at shane black, "Um hello, earth to shane! "Yano shooting for iron man 3 finished a long time ago right? Quit getting high on set, you are making a film about predator god damn it!"

what a disaster of a film, the first half was not to bad, a positive i would say is some of the action looked really nice, but everything just nose dives and i now cant take any of it seriously! Not to mention that AvP is "officially" canon to the predator movies!! There was more references to AvP then the original predator films, like seriously wtf?

I'm just going to crawl into this hole over here in the corner and die.... I used to hate predators, now i really respect it all of a sudden.

All jokes aside, seriously people that ending has got to be one of the worst, most forced endings, in hollywood history. This film is a definitely a hot contender for the annual Razzie Awards.  ;D

2/5  ::)

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 15, 2018, 02:19:19 PM
Can i not pretend i just didn't see the ending? Holy cow its even worst than i feared. Whos idea was this? What drugs were they smoking? Anyone saying fox did this , because im pointing the finger at shane black, "Um hello, earth to shane! "Yano shooting for iron man 3 finished a long time ago right? Quit getting high on set, you are making a film about predator god damn it!"

what a disaster of a film, the first half was not to bad, a positive i would say is some of the action looked really nice, but everything just nose dives and i now cant take any of it seriously! Not to mention that AvP is "officially" canon to the predator movies!! There was more references to AvP then the original predator films, like seriously wtf?

I'm just going to crawl into this hole over here in the corner and die.... I used to hate predators, now i really respect it all of a sudden.

All jokes aside, seriously people that ending has got to be one of the worst, most forced endings, in hollywood history. This film is a definitely a hot contender for the annual Razzie Awards.  ;D

2/5  ::)

I hate Predators as well. Going to watch this in one more hour and see what da f**k it's all about :D I hope I enjoy it more than Predators.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Some people like covenant, so i understand someone can put a 9/10 to this crap.
Lets be honest, half of the movie is good, the part when they dont mess with dna, with no cgi shit..i was really enjoying, thinking this movie is amazing, but then it fails, but fails so hard than you forget the amazing start, and its sad, because the movie could have been a nice comeback... But nop, generic modern cgi monster and iron man suits...

The Old One

The Old One

Comparing this to Covenant is not applicable.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 15, 2018, 02:27:27 PM
Lets be honest, half of the movie is good, the part when they dont mess with dna, with no cgi shit..i was really enjoying, thinking this movie is amazing, but then it fails, but fails so hard than you forget the amazing start, and its sad, because the movie could have been a nice comeback... But nop, generic modern cgi monster and iron man suits...

i thought it was a pretty good comback when you look at the titles it was up against avp avp requiem and predators.

Xan21

Xan21

Where was the 'gift to human kind' originally going and what was in it? Or was it never a gift?

The Old One

The Old One

You'd have to ask Shane Black.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 02:31:01 PM

i thought it was a pretty good comback when you look at the titles it was up against avp avp requiem and predators.

As long as you can except the different direction it goes for, action / comedy, that doesn't take itself seriously and can deal with the production problems, choppy editing ect, then it's a very enjoyable movie, even if it's a bad enjoyable movie. I'll stick by my 7/10 though, the good outweighs the bad imo.

If some fans wanted more from it and a more serious tone, which I get (it would be great to have another movie on par or even better than the original) I can understand people not liking it, although after Predator 2, Predators and the AvP movies, expecting something really amazing is probably setting yourself up for disappointment. - Just for the record, I like those movies too, but they are also bad / enjoyable movies.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 15, 2018, 02:50:32 PM

As long as you can except the different direction it goes for, action / comedy, that doesn't take itself seriously and can deal with the production problems, choppy editing ect, then it's a very enjoyable movie, even if it's a bad enjoyable movie. I'll stick by my 7/10 though, the good outweighs the bad imo.

If some fans wanted more from it and a more serious tone, which I get (it would be great to have another movie on par or even better than the original) I can understand people not liking it, although after Predator 2, Predators and the AvP movies, expecting something really amazing is probably setting yourself up for disappointment. - Just for the record, I like those movies too, but they are also bad / enjoyable movies.

I always preferred requiem over avp 2004 I hated how Anderson shot the alien vs. predator fight scene it felt so clunky I guess is the word.
and im a huge predator fan so it was nice to see wolf take out some dumb aliens. (requiem)

hopefully all that choppy editing can be fixed with a directors cut for the predator or extended cut kinda like the extra stuff we got with avp requiem unrated ( it helped alittle)

The Old One

The Old One

Requiem is without a shred of quality, and no matter how much I dislike AVP 2004 I can't say the same for that film. AVPR is indisputably the worst thing to come out of either franchise.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 15, 2018, 03:10:44 PM
Requiem is without a shred of quality, and no matter how much I dislike AVP 2004 I can't say the same for that film. AVPR is indisputably the worst thing to come out of either franchise.
what saved the movie for me was the wolf predator.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 03:07:06 PM

I always preferred requiem over avp 2004 I hated how Anderson shot the alien vs. predator fight scene it felt so clunky I guess is the word.
and im a huge predator fan so it was nice to see wolf take out some dumb aliens. (requiem)

hopefully all that choppy editing can be fixed with a directors cut for the predator or extended cut kinda like the extra stuff we got with avp requiem unrated ( it helped alittle)

I'm mixed on the 2 AvP movies really. I liked the plot and characters more in AvP but the action was pretty tame and I like the action and gore of Requiem but the characters and plot were just terrible. Wolf was my favourite thing about that movie too.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 15, 2018, 03:35:57 PM
Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 03:07:06 PM

I'm mixed on the 2 AvP movies really. I liked the plot and characters more in AvP but the action was pretty tame and I like the action and gore of Requiem but the characters and plot were just terrible. Wolf was my favourite thing about that movie too.

hehe they should have switched it around
avp 1 with the creature + gore fights and avp requiem with the avp 1 story.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Honestly i think that ending is so unforgivable that whatever i enjoyed to begin with was just washed away, this is the ultimate sour taste experience as a fan of this character for most of my life. I mean the upgrade, the wonky plot, the " all predators splice DNA thing" the hounds, the predator killer, its all just absolute garbage. I'm tired of some members trying to defend the inexcusable. This is why i have no respect for 20th century fox anymore, they take no pride in films anymore, no passion to create anything worthwhile or memorable, just all hype and cheap shots, cutting corners to get a quick buck.

Despite the flashy effects and the gore and Sterling K Brown and Trevante Rhodes, who were about the only thing it got right imo, this film is by far the worst entry in the series, sure AvP and AvP-R were bad, but at least they didn't damage the lore.

my favorites are as follows...
P1
P2
PREDATORS
AVP
AVP-R
THE PREDATOR 

The Old One

The Old One

It's only your perception of the lore that's been damaged.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed