Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 98,344 times)

goneja

goneja

Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 14, 2018, 05:57:45 AM
For those who have seen it, I would be glad if you could rank the predator movies in order.

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
AVP2
AVP
The Predator

From best to worst... AVP2 is higher than AVP in regards to the use of the predator itself, not the plot.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: goneja on Sep 14, 2018, 09:08:19 AM
I can't believe anyone here even rated this higher than 2 on the poll. I absolutely hated this movie for so many reasons. AVP2 is a better movie. AVP2 IS A BETTER MOVIE... what the hell am I saying.

I cant believe so many are running it down so much.

But, to each his own.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 14, 2018, 09:13:14 AMYes, what the hell are you saying?

:laugh:

Yeah, seriously, in no universe is this film worse than AVP:R.

It may have been uneven, but in the moments where it worked it had more talent than a hundred Requiems.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 14, 2018, 09:07:18 AM
They do tend to meddle a lot don't they. I wish we could just get what the directors vision and not number pushers from above who feel they know better.

"It's amazing to me that Fox are the number one studio in the country because they're all such a bunch of morons."
-David Fincher

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2018, 09:15:46 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 14, 2018, 09:13:14 AMYes, what the hell are you saying?

:laugh:

Yeah, seriously, in no universe is this film worse than AVP:R.

It may have been uneven, but in the moments where it worked it had more talent than a hundred Requiems.

Damn straight

Huda, where do you rank this in the series?

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 14, 2018, 09:15:59 AM
They do tend to meddle a lot don't they. I wish we could just get what the directors vision and not number pushers from above who feel they know better.

"It's amazing to me that Fox are the number one studio in the country because they're all such a bunch of morons."
-David Fincher

Lol.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 14, 2018, 09:15:59 AM

-David Fincher

Still rings true today!

goneja

goneja

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 14, 2018, 09:15:18 AM
Quote from: goneja on Sep 14, 2018, 09:08:19 AM
I can't believe anyone here even rated this higher than 2 on the poll. I absolutely hated this movie for so many reasons. AVP2 is a better movie. AVP2 IS A BETTER MOVIE... what the hell am I saying.

I cant believe so many are running it down so much.

But, to each his own.

Predator is my #3 favorite movie of all time. I own 400 movies. I like movies. I like bad ones too. This movie, I purely hate it on so many levels. I could write pages on why I feel that way, but I don't feel like wasting your time. The ending of this movie alone made me feel like I was watching my childhood die a painful death.

I had a great day, traveled into the city, ate at my favorite restaurant, got to see Predator on opening day, immediately followed by seeing my favorite band. I'm actually ending a great day bitter over this crap movie. It's so sad - not for myself, but the franchise.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. Each to their own. AvPR is terrible. The Predator is definitely wonky but IMHO it's much more enjoyable than either AvPs.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: goneja on Sep 14, 2018, 09:14:20 AM
Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 14, 2018, 05:57:45 AM
For those who have seen it, I would be glad if you could rank the predator movies in order.

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
AVP2
AVP
The Predator

From best to worst... AVP2 is higher than AVP in regards to the use of the predator itself, not the plot.

Holy shit, haha.

The Old One

The Old One

I think quite a few would argue that Wolf is infinitely more incompetent than any of the Predators in AVP 2004 despite their bulky frames.

Beans81

Beans81

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 14, 2018, 07:42:22 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2018, 07:41:44 AM
Quote from: Beans81 on Sep 14, 2018, 07:37:15 AM•The dialogue (banter-jokes) completely missed the mark. I didn't hear a single person laugh at anything & some of the dialogue was delivered/cut in such away that you couldn't even make out what was being said. Some of the jokes were just so awkward, I actually internally groaned at some of the comedy.

Really? There was loads of laughter in the cinema when I saw it.

Same. In all the showings I've been to there was plenty of laughter.

I would say the showing I saw was maybe 70% full but I didn't hear a single bit of laughter. Not even a chuckle, granted I obviously couldn't from other areas but near me....not a thing. You'd of thought fugitive using the servered arm to give the ok would get some laugter but nothing. I enjoyed the interplay within the squad but I didn't laugh at a Anything.

Some of it was just plain awkward, like in Mckeena's home. The lines towards Emily are meant to be awkward (in a funny way) but they're just awkward.

MrPeterKeyes666

MrPeterKeyes666

Overall it was a fun film- really enjoyed the first 45 mins or so. The last act of the movie felt off- I wasn't a fan of the last 1/3 of the original last act that was in the script but I also didn't think this was much of an improvement. With the editing issues and some of the CG not being that great, I almost feel like they would have been better off not doing reshoots. Would be really curious to hear what the pre-reshoots edit was like. Overall the film felt very much like an R rated version of The Monster Squad(same writers) but with Predators in it.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 14, 2018, 09:32:39 AM
Indeed. Each to their own. AvPR is terrible. The Predator is definitely wonky but IMHO it's much more enjoyable than either AvPs.

How do you compare it to Predators?

Im struggling to decide which I prefer.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 14, 2018, 09:17:15 AMHuda, where do you rank this in the series?

Obviously it doesn't match up to the original.

I'd rate it above the third - while I've always thought Predators gets more hate than it deserves, there's no denying it's a very safe movie that spends a lot of its time simply retreading old ground. The Predator may have been uneven but it at least felt fresh and different, and when it really clicked, it was miles ahead of Antal's movie.

I've not decided yet how I'd rate it alongside Predator 2 (which I really like). I'd need to watch it again to be sure.

As for the AVPs - a lot better than the first, while the less said about Requiem the better lol.

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 14, 2018, 09:36:56 AMI think quite a few would argue that Wolf is infinitely more incompetent than any of the Predators in AVP 2004 despite their bulky frames.

The problem I've always had with the "But Wolf's a badass!" argument is he's only a badass in that movie because the script turns all the Aliens into morons who conveniently forget that they have limbs and tails with which they could attack him while he stands there holding them in a cool pose.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Beans81 on Sep 14, 2018, 09:37:03 AM
I would say the showing I saw was maybe 70% full but I didn't hear a single bit of laughter. Not even a chuckle, granted I obviously couldn't from other areas but near me....not a thing. You'd of thought fugitive using the servered arm to give the ok would get some laugter but nothing. I enjoyed the interplay within the squad but I didn't laugh at a Anything.

Some of it was just plain awkward, like in Mckeena's home. The lines towards Emily are meant to be awkward (in a funny way) but they're just awkward.

There's no accounting for taste. For the most part I found it really funny. Some jokes don't land but for the most part the humour was a hit for me - and the screenings I saw it with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed