Things in the trailer not in the final game..

Started by AcidGlow, Jun 22, 2010, 11:14:12 AM

Author
Things in the trailer not in the final game.. (Read 6,008 times)

newbeing

There was also a cutscene, not sure if this was in the trailer, where a pred arrives at the pyramid gets attacked by an alien then facehugged.

xeno.king123

Quote from: newbeing on Jun 28, 2010, 11:19:18 PM
There was also a cutscene, not sure if this was in the trailer, where a pred arrives at the pyramid gets attacked by an alien then facehugged.

yep, I also remember that. I think it was the arena area with an orange/brown sky. And that cutscene was way better than the one in the final game. I guess that was to be the opening cutscene of the predator campaign when they recieve the distress signal.

Also, did anyone notice that the levels in the alien campaign seem to be out of order ? I don't know if it's just me but it looks like ruins wasn't suposed to be the last level, considering the alien's "path". And in the last level you go through the wrong door after disabeling the generator. It sould be the opposite door to go to the arena. The one you enter leads to the area with the crashed dropship. How they messed that up I don't know. Looks like the alien campaign was rushed.

visagepoissons

Quote from: xenomorph.king123 on Jun 28, 2010, 11:57:28 PM
Quote from: newbeing on Jun 28, 2010, 11:19:18 PM

yep, I also remember that. I think it was the arena area with an orange/brown sky. And that cutscene was way better than the one in the final game. I guess that was to be the opening cutscene of the predator campaign when they recieve the distress signal.

Also, did anyone notice that the levels in the alien campaign seem to be out of order ? I don't know if it's just me but it looks like ruins wasn't suposed to be the last level, considering the alien's "path". And in the last level you go through the wrong door after disabeling the generator. It sould be the opposite door to go to the arena. The one you enter leads to the area with the crashed dropship. How they messed that up I don't know. Looks like the alien campaign was rushed.
XD Really?

AcidGlow

Quote from: Adey on Jun 28, 2010, 11:05:09 PM
in one of the trailers a marine grabed an alien under the jaw and shoved his shotty in its mouth and blew its brains out as a trophy kill, that would have been wicked.
Wanna give us a link to this claim you have....

S.Y.L

Quote from: AcidGlow on Jun 29, 2010, 04:22:13 PM
Quote from: Adey on Jun 28, 2010, 11:05:09 PM
in one of the trailers a marine grabed an alien under the jaw and shoved his shotty in its mouth and blew its brains out as a trophy kill, that would have been wicked.
Wanna give us a link to this claim you have....

yeah i`d quite like to see that too....

Adey

it was 1 of the work in progress vids not really a trailer as such it was that long ago tho that i cant remember where i found it, i will try searching for it again

AcidGlow

Sure it was.. well this thread is for facts that are shown...

xenotool

xenotool

in one of the final trailers before avp was released there's a part where it shows a predator holding a stuggling alien and unsheathing his wristblades. After that shot you hear a motion tracker.

at this point it cuts to three marines (c-block backdrop), the Rookie in the center,a marine with a pulse rifle and a marine with a heavy weapon on a gyroscopic harness. They pull their weapons up and start walking towards the camera.

Upon closer inspection,the heavy weapon the marine on left is holding looks to be a minigun (Since it's multi-barreled). it's been verified as something removed from the final game by S.Y.L. on here.I'm thinking it was the original design for the newer model smartgun in the game.

The Necronoir

Quote from: xenotool on Jul 01, 2010, 02:21:34 AM
Upon closer inspection,the heavy weapon the marine on left is holding looks to be a minigun (Since it's multi-barreled). it's been verified as something removed from the final game by S.Y.L. on here.I'm thinking it was the original design for the newer model smartgun in the game.http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1086&pictureid=12116
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1086&pictureid=12117

I thought the smartgun in the final release was multi-barrelled, though partially encased in a sheath.

When you scan a marine as the predator the schematic certainly shows such a configuration (with is also curiously identical to that shown when scanning a turret).

xenotool

nope, the final in-game smartgun model is the one from the movies. it can be seen closer up in either the strategy guide or the game manual.

Tbh I've been in love with the smartgun design since it first showed up on film and I probably would've returned the game by now if the design wasn't in the game

The Necronoir

Quote from: xenotool on Jul 01, 2010, 09:52:04 PM
nope, the final in-game smartgun model is the one from the movies. it can be seen closer up in either the strategy guide or the game manual.

I wouldn't be putting too much faith in either of those sources. The instruction manual does use a picture of the plush toy facehugger, after all. Screenshots are what I'm after.

newbeing

In the Alien trailer they seemed to insinuate that we'd witness a hapless colonist get facehugged leading to the birth of 6. That never really happened...

JediMasterGabe

Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Jun 23, 2010, 07:11:45 PM
i waited 8 months for this game.

i joined this site just to talk about and learn more and and keep updated on avp. telling everyone how good this game would be. said to everyone that rebellion will do fine.

i was wrong, everyone one who said the same or agreed with me was wrong.

i played this game for 1 week and never played again.

you will never see me on this site again because every time i look at it, this site reminds me of one of the biggest disappointments of my life... after avp and avp:r.

you may say i'm not a true fan but i'm pretty sure if george lucas said he was making a sequel to return of the jedi and instead came in your house while you sleeping and anally raped you to the point that your sheets were stained with blood, you might not be as true a fan to star wars as you once were. sorry to say he did that with the animated movie. all the things i once loved are going down the shitter. all i do now is sleep work and watch what ever my wife watches ( bones, law and order or any other old people crap) because it all seems the same to me now. one big pile of creamy shit.

this game was my last ditch effort to have hope that something i love isn't going to be destroyed. i have lost all hope now.

good bye and good luck. i will remember you all.

Get over yourself. when you say stupid things like this, no one care that you are leaving the site. Not to mention this game was still pretty good.

Sannom

Heh heh. That guy missed patch 5.

mokole

how bout the alien ceiling kills where they pull someone off the ground and kill them. they do it in practically all the movies and they do it in single player mode!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed