Joel Silver walked off the movie?

Started by Billiken, Jan 12, 2010, 12:08:05 PM

Author
Joel Silver walked off the movie? (Read 1,014 times)

Billiken

Billiken

Back in 2003 I went onto IMDB and looked up AVP. To my surprise I saw Joel Silver as one of the producers. Weeks later his name was removed. Does anybody know why it was. Hs he and Fox had a falling out? Thanks to anybody who can answer this

Kriszilla

You waited seven years to ask that question?

But seriously, I didn't know he was ever involved. Maybe IMDB had their facts wrong and took his name off when it turned out he wasn't involved.

Or maybe he saw how shit the film was going to turn out and did a runner.

Pvt. Hicks

I think he had a falling out with Fox years before 2003.

Maybe SM has more insight on this.

SM

SM

Not really.  Only a guess that because Silver was a producer on the two Predator flicks and that Alien producers Giler, Hill and Carroll were getting credited on AvP that Silver would be too.  Whatever deal Fox cut with Brandywine over Alien sequels probably didn't exist for Predator and Silver.

Brandywine (Giler, Hill, Carroll) had nothing to with AvP, Resurrection, and not a massive amount to do with Alien3 (at least as 'Brandywine').  Best I can tell - based on the different titles in the Alien3 workprint - is that Giler and Hill had a production partnership called Phoenix and Carroll was seperate.  Don't think Carroll had anything to do with Aliens or Alien3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed