Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 118,505 times)

Mr.M

Mr.M

I believe Freddy would cut something as to not give anything really up. He cut his own trailer, which is something more directors don't get to do.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: ASH1977 on Apr 24, 2024, 04:33:36 PMI believe Freddy would cut something as to not give anything really up. He cut his own trailer, which is something more directors don't get to do.

Who the hell is Freddy?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 24, 2024, 05:24:45 PM
Quote from: ASH1977 on Apr 24, 2024, 04:33:36 PMI believe Freddy would cut something as to not give anything really up. He cut his own trailer, which is something more directors don't get to do.

Who the hell is Freddy?
Spoiler

Mike’s Monsters

The funny thing about Fede saying he cut the trailer... we had confirmation that a production house had made it. So maybe he did a rough cut and passed it on to the studio, but he didn't make the whole thing himself. Marketing is funny, it's the same as that "no cgi" talk with films like Top Gun. They used a shit ton of CGI on that film, and they will be with Romulus too, even likely replacing practical effects at times. They're going to have to.

Not sure why they gotta fib a bit to make it sound cooler. Just tell the truth!

Nightmare Asylum

What's extra gross right now is the officially released "behind the scenes footage" going around for some movies lately that makes it a point to remove green screens (and any other equivalents for keying purposes) from what's being presented in the frame, as if they were never used.

Mike’s Monsters

Yeah, I was completely baffled by the information that they digitally removed the blue screens from the BTS footage and photos of Barbie. The lie that it is all done in camera is a weird one.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 24, 2024, 05:46:38 PMThe funny thing about Fede saying he cut the trailer... we had confirmation that a production house had made it. So maybe he did a rough cut and passed it on to the studio, but he didn't make the whole thing himself. Marketing is funny, it's the same as that "no cgi" talk with films like Top Gun. They used a shit ton of CGI on that film, and they will be with Romulus too, even likely replacing practical effects at times. They're going to have to.

Not sure why they gotta fib a bit to make it sound cooler. Just tell the truth!

Yeah that is not the best way to create good will or trust with the audience.
While some folk prefer practical effects (me included), that doesn't mean they are against cgi or consider it a cardinal sin that should be lied about. CGI is fine but it should only be used to do things a practical effect can not. Unfortunately some films use it as a shortcut.

BigDaddyJohn

CGI is fine as long as it isn't too obvious like in Covenant.

Mr.M

Mr.M

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 24, 2024, 05:24:45 PM

Who the hell is Freddy?

I meant Fede, not Freddy. Stupid autocorrect.

Scott Conover

Scott Conover

Tickets booked for 45th screening - is there any confirmation that we are actually getting new footage with this? Or is it just the Ridley/Fede promo?

Either way, Alien on the big screen is always a win

SiL

SiL

Seems to depend on the screening.

Scott Conover

Can confirm, no clips! (Unless you count 4 second of bts b-roll) Just the the Ridley sit down.

cockroach

cockroach

New version of the trailer?
Quote from: Scott Conover on Apr 25, 2024, 12:42:17 PMCan confirm, no clips! (Unless you count 4 second of bts b-roll) Just the the Ridley sit down.

Nightmare Asylum

I've been to the theater half a dozen times or so since the trailer released online and still haven't gotten to see it at all on the big screen.

Hopefully between Alien, Sasquatch Sunset, and Challengers over the next few days or so I get to see it at least once. They'd be insane to not run it before Alien, at the very least. :laugh:

Scott Conover

Quote from: cockroach on Apr 25, 2024, 02:11:40 PMNew version of the trailer?
Quote from: Scott Conover on Apr 25, 2024, 12:42:17 PMCan confirm, no clips! (Unless you count 4 second of bts b-roll) Just the the Ridley sit down.

Negative

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed