This deep sea creature looks like a chestburster to me.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Dec 03, 2019, 05:33:13 AM

Author
This deep sea creature looks like a chestburster to me. (Read 4,771 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

This is a sea salp, from the Deep Ocean: Lights in the Abyss documentary.

H.P. Lovecraft drew inspiration from his dreams/nightmares.
H.R. Giger was inspired by his (opium) vision.
And the person who created the chestburster was inspired by something.
Almost like they had insight into things they never saw before.

razeak

I'm sure the designer of the chestburster has seen a penis before.  Awesome looking sea creature though.

The Old One

The Old One

Very interesting creature.

JokersWarPig

"Flame thrower! Move!"

Baron Von Marlon

It's called sea salp btw.
Here's another one.

Quote from: razeak on Dec 03, 2019, 03:04:10 PM
I'm sure the designer of the chestburster has seen a penis before.  Awesome looking sea creature though.

Touché!  :D

razeak

Holy shit. It looks even more like a xeno head now.

I think with the countless stars in the universe, it would be likely something with that general head shape and nasty set of teeth is out there. We have this thing, plus other creatures from our past that have a similar rough skull profile.

Baron Von Marlon

I'm curious as to what else might be down there. They say that more than 80% of the underwaterworld hasn't been explored.
It's all pretty crazy down there. Some parts you think it's the bottom but it's just the flat topside of a mountain range. Then you go down, you're on the bottom of a canyon. You walk out the canyon back on some flat surface. But it still isn't the bottom.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 04, 2019, 01:22:56 AM
I'm curious as to what else might be down there.

Giant eels, bro.

Kimarhi

Baron Von Marlon

There's been a decent amount of ufo sightings above the sea.
And a couple of sightings of things below the water.
All by military personnel.
Makes sense for aliens to hide down there. It's a good spot.

The Old One

The Old One

We've explored more of space than our own ocean. But that's part disingenuous because obviously, it's the void.lol

Kimarhi

Huggs

We've yet to fully understand what lies deep within the merry anus. The trench, that is.

Baron Von Marlon

Stuff from googling:

But even with all the technology that we have today -- satellites, buoys, underwater vehicles and ship tracks -- we have better maps of the surface of Mars and the moon than we do the bottom of the ocean. We know very, very little about most of the ocean. This is especially true for the middle and deeper parts far away from the coasts.

Consider that we've sent 12 people to the moon since 1969 over a handful of missions; only three people have descended to the deepest part of the ocean in the Marianas Trench (And note that one of them was filmmaker James Cameron, who reportedly spent $10 million of his own money to finance the undersea craft). Even more shocking? The ocean takes up about 71 percent of Earth's space, yet a whopping 95 percent of that ocean is completely unexplored

Kimarhi

That's true.

But space is infinite and several quintillion times larger than earth's ocean. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed