Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 48,172 times)

Darwinsgirl

I can't believe I just noticed this.

In a close up shot of Parker (scene after Dallas is taken)

He has a mustache & goatee.  :o

The Cruentus

Seriously? I never noticed that either, I'll have to check that out.

[cancerblack]

I do remember him being very stubbly at certain points, but not full facial hair.

Cosmic Incubation

One thing I cant believe (and am kinda embarrassed to even admit) I never noticed until like a year or two ago are the fingernails on facehuggers.

SM

Parker has a beard throughout the whole film.

The Cruentus

Yeah I checked the scene in question, it doesn't seem to be a goatee.

BlueMarsalis79

Always thought he looked really strange in Alien Isolation because of facial hair being nowhere near as visible.

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 12, 2024, 11:27:38 PMYeah I checked the scene in question, it doesn't seem to be a goatee.

It not even really close to being a goatee.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: SM on Apr 12, 2024, 11:37:42 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 12, 2024, 11:27:38 PMYeah I checked the scene in question, it doesn't seem to be a goatee.

It not even really close to being a goatee.

From the angle of the close up I thought it was a goatee as it wasn't a full front facial shot.

My mistake  ::)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 12, 2024, 09:14:24 PMOne thing I cant believe (and am kinda embarrassed to even admit) I never noticed until like a year or two ago are the fingernails on facehuggers.

I noticed them only a few weeks back with Alien Romulus information coming out etc...  ;)

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 13, 2024, 10:10:35 AM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 12, 2024, 09:14:24 PMOne thing I cant believe (and am kinda embarrassed to even admit) I never noticed until like a year or two ago are the fingernails on facehuggers.

I noticed them only a few weeks back with Alien Romulus information coming out etc...  ;)

Glad I'm not the only one haha

Kradan

Kradan

It's kinda ballsy that they actually went with the whole "killing Ripley" thing in 3. I feel like filmakers  played with viewers expectations in that regard: there're even 3 fake-out death scenes: first, when Dragon goes face-to-face with Ripley in the infirmary, second, when she goes looking for it in the "basement" and third, when Dillon swings his axe. Each time it seems this is it for our beloved hero ... until it isn't. It's almost as if these scenes serve the purpose to reassure the audience that even though they killed Hicks and Newt they're not gonna kill Ripley, right ? There's a chestburster inside her but she's still gonna make it, right ? No matter what Ripley will be fine, right ? Right ? And then BAM - she falls in a fiery void

As I was typing this ^^^ I also realised it's quite poetic that Ripley falls in the same pit where Hicks' and Newt's bodies were cremated. She's finally reunited with them ...

BlueMarsalis79

I think you mean ballsy, balls just means bullshit, cheap.

Kradan

Kradan

Ty  ;)

Another thing, I forgot to mention - not only do they kill our protagonist but our protagonist is actively suicidal in the back half of the movie. I mean, if that's not bleak - I don't know what is

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 17, 2024, 10:39:51 AMTy  ;)

Another thing, I forgot to mention - not only do they kill our protagonist but our protagonist is actively suicidal in the back half of the movie. I mean, if that's not bleak - I don't know what is

Only fiction could be so dark haha

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed